April 2013 Moms

2wk follow up, no more restrictions

I had my 2 week check up yesterday. I had a RCS. Anyways, my OB lifted me from all my restrictions. He said I could do whatever I wanted, as long as it was legal lol. He said to ease back into exercising and not overdo anything. I did not ask about returning to work just yet. I'm unemployed at the moment but my previous job is trying to keep my spot open so I can reapply and return soon. I will ask about work at my 6wk
check up. Anyone else have their restrictions lifted this early? I expected a longer recovery period since I had surgery. I don't recall how long it took with my last csection.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 2wk follow up, no more restrictions

• So you're cleared for sex and everything?

I had a 1wk appt (and will have a 4wk appt), but I didn't receive any additional instructions on what I can/cannot do. But I've been going up and down the stairs and picking up my toddler, so I guess I'm ignoring the discharge instructions anyway. Ha! 

• That seems crazy. I always thought the point of taking it easy was to let your uterus, which is basically still a giant gaping wound at this point recover and avoid infection?

Layne-May 6, 2013

Callie-February 14, 2011

• Loading the player...
  • I was surprised that he told me everything was lifted, it just felt early. I do feel pretty good, maybe because I've been through this before? I am still trying to take it easy and rest when I can. I made the mistake and sorting through our garage yesterday for spring clean up this month. There is just so much crap in there that we can't park any of the cars in there. Anyways, I wasn't lifting anything just sorting through boxes but I was SO exhausted last night. Even though the doc gave me the ok to act normal I think I am going to continue to rest. I am still taking my Motrin as needed when I have a rough day. I found it odd that they did not prescribe me any pain meds when I was discharged but I managed with the Motrin. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"