3rd Trimester

the joys of being pregnant

First off I am very grateful. I just love the feeling when my son moves, it may be a lot and might be when im trying to sleep but it's so beautiful! I feel like I have a very special connection with him. What are your favorite parts about being pregnant?

Re: the joys of being pregnant

• I agree that's by far my favorite part! I wish she would move more, it's almost always at night or early in the morning but I still wouldn't trade it for anything... besides maybe being able to see her :) Also, its pretty nice that DH always does the heavy work and gives me back rubs all the time :D
  • I also love it when I feel baby move, though not as much when she gets a good hard kick to my ribs in.  It's so cute to feel her having hiccups, my boyfriend even got to feel her hiccuping yesterday since my belly was twitching because of it!
  • Loading the player...
  • My favorite part is definitely feeling the baby move. There's no other feeling like it. I love when the baby responds to my pokes too! 

I also love my bump. Since my early teens, I've always been conscious about my tummy. But since I started showing, I couldn't wear any tighter tops to show off my baby bump. Ha!

• same for me. His movements melt my heart! When I am alone I talk to him, and rub my belly. I also feel I have a connection with him already. He is another love of my life. He tends to move allot after I eat, and at night time when I am getting into bed. My DH hardly gets to see or feel his movements because LO always stops when I tell DH to look, or feel. Last night I was in bed with my apple, and peanut butter, and the bowl resting on my belly- DH finally saw the bowl move! Then he took the bowl off and watched LO pushing against my belly, and he finally really got to feel him move! He then started talking to LO. It was such a great few moments, taking it all in- and having that connecting, bonding moment with our baby, that we have waited so long to have again.

• Definitely feeling him move. That is by far my favorite part. 
  • The end!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love when my hubby holds my belly and talks to his son in there!
  • I love when I rest my arm over my stomach (say, if I'm laying on my left side) because I will get a reaction out of baby every time I do that. She kicks back. Not sure if she doesn't like the pressure, but I always end up having to move my arm off my stomach because even if it's resting near my side, she'll find a way to kick it. lol Once I get into bed at night, I usually sing her a goodnight song ("Dream A Little Dream Of Me" is a fav of mine) before turning out the lights. I figured why not start the tradition now? She may even recognize it later. Also I will lay my hand on my stomach and pray for her and talk to her. Yes, I feel very connected to LO at this point. (By the way, another precious thing I enjoy is me and DH just laying in bed together and him talking to her. She seems to react to his deeper voice. )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jlpevjlpev member
    Definitely agree with feeling her move or kick. Even when it hurts. I remember after my son was born I really missed it. Even though I could hold him I missed that special bond.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • For me feeling the baby move is also the best part  =)  Also knowing she's always with me, inside me.  After birth it's a bit sad, but nursing develops such a close bond...  =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"