Cloth Diapering

EW EEWWWW!

I put about 25 diapers, pockets, AIOs, fitteds, and a couple of shells, out on the deck this morning to sun. I went out there just now to get some of them and turn the others and there we're small spiders all over the place! I killed 6 of them, shook some of them off the diapers, and squealed and screamed like a girl the entire time.

Now..do I stress about spiders being in the pockets and rewash all of them? Do I toss them in the dryer for 5 minutes and hope the heat kills anything alive, or do I just give them a thorough once over and put them away?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: EW EEWWWW!

• That sucks!!!! EWWWW!!! I would have been squealing too!

I would have to wash them, but my fear of spiders is boarder line phobia, so really, my husband would have had to wash them when he got home. ;
  • This happened to me last summer when I was pregnant with Emery and sunning some used dipes I had gotten on CL.

Only it was bug eggs.  Lots of tiny bug eggs all clustered up on my diapers and inserts. 

I rewashed.  sigh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Oh my effing god. I'm only slightly exaggerating when I say that I would probably sell those diapers and never touch them again.

Irrational, yes, but I seriously am terrified of spiders.  

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • imageInto+the+Kitty:

Oh my effing god. I'm only slightly exaggerating when I say that I would probably sell those diapers and never touch them again.

LOL this is after 3 days of no washes and these are all my favorite diapers! haha. I definitely can't sell. 

I am, however, going to rewash with a quarter cup of bleach. haha
  • I would just run them through the dryer on the highest heat they can stand. I grew up using a clothesline, and finishing everything off in the dryer to kill any extra "guests" was always just part of the routine. It also helps to soften natural fibers back up.

• imageInto+the+Kitty:

Oh my effing god. I'm only slightly exaggerating when I say that I would probably sell those diapers and never touch them again.

Not an over-reaaction at all. I'd burn them and start my stash over. And by burn them, I mean DH would burn them because I could not ever bring myself to touch them. Probably just touching them again would bring on goosebumps and the feeling of wanting to vomit.

I too have an overwhelming fear of spiders.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I may be in the minority here... but if I see a spider in the house I either take a piece of paper for it to crawl on and put it outside or just leave it alone.

I think I would be concerned on the diapers though that it may lay eggs.  So I would wash them again.

Earwigs however are another story.  Those b!tches die! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    imagelittleredfish:
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

Not an over-reaaction at all. I'd burn them and start my stash over. And by burn them, I mean DH would burn them because I could not ever bring myself to touch them. Probably just touching them again would bring on goosebumps and the feeling of wanting to vomit.

I too have an overwhelming fear of spiders.

Me too! I'm panicking and want to go wash all my dipes now after reading this. GL, I hope they all die, die, die!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"