January 2014 Moms

STMs: LO to OB Appts?

Moms who already have at least one kid...will you take your LO to your OB appointments?  I SAH with DS, so I will probably strap him into his stroller with some Puffs and take him along to most appointments so DH doesn't have to miss work.  
DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14

Re: STMs: LO to OB Appts?

• DS (also a March 2012 baby) will be coming with me to appointments when DH is working. DH works shifts so I'll try to schedule appointments when he is off but that's not always possible. My ob last time only had office hours certain days. This time I am also hoping to get in with a midwife so I trust they would also be ok with me bringing ds. I

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They will probably have a babysitter for all first trimester appointments.  After my 2nd miscarriage DH wants to be present for all of the early appointments.  He will probably also be present for any ultrasounds this time around too.  When I was pregnant with DD, he stayed with DS while I was at appointments.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Loading the player...
  • The baby will come to all appointments.  The big one will come to some - not the first sonogram since that's during school tomorrow, but I will make the 20 week one for when she's not at school and bring her. 

imageimage

• I will probably try to schedule appointments for when my h can stay with DD. I wouldn't have a problem taking her if she wasn't a crazy toddler but she would be all over and in the cupboards and drawers.

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My son will not come to any appointments   He's almost 2 and a handful, so I don't want to be chasing him around when I'm trying to talk to the doctor. I work part time so more than likely I will go in on my lunch breaks.  Otherwise, my mom will watch him when I go.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It's a non-issue for me since I work full time. So I'll just go during work while DD is in daycare. If I was home though, I assume I'd have to take her with me since we don't have anyone close by to watch her.

• My sitter is pretty much on the way to my OB, so I'll just drop DS off to her. I work PT, and even though my shifts vary I still pay her a salary and just use her when I need to (obviously within reason, I don't abuse her ;) ). DS can't sit still for longer than 5 min and I'm not about to be chasing him around the room.
    Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
  • H came to every appointment last time and he will likely do that again (if not all, then most). We'll probably bring DS for the more routine ones but not the US and probably not the first appt.
  • No, I won't regularly-- maybe occasionally.  However, my DS will be six next month.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• My plan is to take DD with me. If she is too much to handle after the first couple appointments - I will make arrangements with DH to have him watch her at his work. We are lucky because he works in an office with/for his dad.

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• No, I won't.  Might take her to an ultrasound in later pregnancy, but probably not.  However, mine is 9 and will be in school, too.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Yes cause it'll have to be on the days I don't work, and she's pretty good anyway :
  • Thank God for Grandma! My husband will be able to come with us to the US, but for the prenatals., i'd rather go alone! My March 2012 baby is too busy!!
  • jcbb12jcbb12 member
    DD will probably come to the ones that DH comes to. He works from home one day a week so I will try to schedule routine appts. on those days so that he can watch her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Personally, I am a FTM but my best friend is pregnant with #2 and she brings her LO to all her appointments right now because she SAH with him too. He is just about to turn 2 this month. 
    BFP 1/7/13 CP 1/11/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"