Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Getting off BC

Hi! New here to The Bump:) I'm 23 & my husband is fixing to be 29 this May. Last year I asked my Gyno what I would need to do if we wanted to try & conceive. She told me that it would take about 2 months for the BC to be out of my system & my body to get back to its normal state, also that it could take up to 3 months for me to get pregnant. So our plans for quite a few months have been this...June 1st - end BC; give my body those 2 months to get back in order (June & July); then hopefully conceive sometime after that (by September). We would like to have our 1st baby during the following summer because my husband is a teacher & would like to be able to be home with me during my maternity leave. So I guess my question is this...is June 1st too soon if we would like our baby to be born the following summer? I have been on BC since I was about 15 & I'm unsure how often people get pregnant right after getting off of it & what not. We are ok with conceiving at any point but September is ideal for a June baby. Any advice is appreciated:) Thanks!

Re: Getting off BC

• Options

Congrats on wanting to TTC and welcome to the board.

I got to say though, no one body is the same.  Some people manage to get pregnant right away...and then there are the woman like most of the people on this board who dont get so lucky.  It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant.  So please dont get too discouraged if it doesnt happen the way you are planning right now.

Do you chart, temp, and use OPKs?  This can help you get to know your body and better know when you O.  Check out Fertility Friend to help with that.  There is also a Newb blog at the top of the board you should read, and if you need a glossary to the left of the board.

Hope you stick around while on this journey, the ladies can be a great support. 

GL and remember it rarely happens how we plan.

Edit:  If it were me, I would start trying the very next cycle I could.

• Options

1.It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant. 

2. If you aren't prepared to birth a child during any month of the year, you should re-evaluate your plan. You could give birth earlier or later than your due date. Or, it could take you longer than three months to get KU.

3. As for advice, tbttgp.wordpress.com and www.fertilityfriend.com. 

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    You OB is full of crap. It could take up to a year for you to get pregnant. Otherwise, welcome and good luck. Read over the newbie link/blogs, sign up for fertility friend and go through their courses to learn about your body (bottom ticker in my signature), and settle in for a long wait. It could happen quickly, or it could take your body 6 months alone to adjust from your BCP. Good luck!

All of the above. #1 rule in TTC: nothing happens as planned. Welcome and good luck. Make sure to lurk around and check out the newbie link!!

Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • Options

Everyone is different and you can not predict when you will conceive - you just can't.  I would go with your plan and hope for the best.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I rolled my eyes so hard at this my eyes almost got stuck mid.roll...

<3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• Options

You really never know until you try.  You may very well get pregnant the first month off BC, and then again like others have said it may take a while.

Good luck, but don't put too much energy into perfect timing - it has too much potential to end in disappointment.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    Thank you all for your advice. From what I'm reading I feel like I've some how upset some... I realize everything is God's Plan no matter how much we try to plan any of it. This was just "our ideal" thinking & I know it's possible to not even become reality. We would be 100% over joyed and prepared if I conceived at any point. I just wanted to get some first hand knowledge to try and understand getting off of BC better. I've never really inquired about this topic before. I have Aunts on both my Mother & Father's side of the family that can not conceive and I am a bit nervous about it. Again thank you for your advice! :)
  • Options

imagemktilford314:
    I realize everything is God's Plan no matter how much we try to plan any of it.

So what you're saying, is that it's also "God's Plan" for infertile people to be infertile? 

Dedos de salsicha para o seu prazer...
  • Options
    Oh also I went & signed up for Fertility Friends & even downloaded the app. I hardly know anything about knowing my Fertile days, Ovulation, etc... haha;) So I will def be studying up on that and learning all about charting!! Thanks ladies:)
  • Options

imagemktilford314:
    Oh also I went & signed up for Fertility Friends & even downloaded the app. I hardly know anything about knowing my Fertile days, Ovulation, etc... haha;) So I will def be studying up on that and learning all about charting!! Thanks ladies:)

Good!  GL!

• Options
    imageHawkeyeTTGP:

imagemktilford314:
    I realize everything is God's Plan no matter how much we try to plan any of it.

So what you're saying, is that it's also "God's Plan" for infertile people to be infertile? 

I'm really not sure how you could interpret that from what I said. I was simply stating that you can't plan it all out and expect it to be that way. Sorry you felt offended & have a negative opinion.

• Options

imagemktilford314:
    Hi! New here to The Bump:) I'm 23 & my husband is fixing to be 29 this May. Last year I asked my Gyno what I would need to do if we wanted to try & conceive. She told me that it would take about 2 months for the BC to be out of my system & my body to get back to its normal state, also that it could take up to 3 months for me to get pregnant. So our plans for quite a few months have been this...June 1st - end BC; give my body those 2 months to get back in order (June & July); then hopefully conceive sometime after that (by September). We would like to have our 1st baby during the following summer because my husband is a teacher & would like to be able to be home with me during my maternity leave. So I guess my question is this...is June 1st too soon if we would like our baby to be born the following summer? I have been on BC since I was about 15 & I'm unsure how often people get pregnant right after getting off of it & what not. We are ok with conceiving at any point but September is ideal for a June baby. Any advice is appreciated:) Thanks!

Hi! I'll tell you, my husband and I are in a very similar situation. I recently went off the BC pill in March and we'll be starting to try in May/June (I wanted to wait a couple of months as well). I'd advise going off the pill after you're done with your current pack, don't wait until June 1st. Sometimes it takes a while to become regular with AF after going off the pill. I'd love a summer 2014 baby too but alas, it's impossible to know when we (or you) will actually get pregnant. It may happen the first time, it may take a year! The best you can do is start trying when you know you're ready.

• Options
    I know it is hard, but you're going to have to let go and see what happens. like everyone has said, it could be 2 week after you take your last pill or years and you can't control it. And the skill of letting go comes in handy after the kid is born too, things almost never go as planned with a baby or toddler. GL!

• Options

imagesarcaztic10:
    imagemktilford314:
    Thank you all for your advice. From what I'm reading I feel like I've some how upset some... I realize everything is God's Plan no matter how much we try to plan any of it. This was just "our ideal" thinking & I know it's possible to not even become reality. We would be 100% over joyed and prepared if I conceived at any point. I just wanted to get some first hand knowledge to try and understand getting off of BC better. I've never really inquired about this topic before. I have Aunts on both my Mother & Father's side of the family that can not conceive and I am a bit nervous about it. Again thank you for your advice! :)
    FYI, some people dont believe that there is a "plan" layed out for them and might not take kindly to that particular thinking. I'm not trying to be mean but you have to anticipate that their may be people who do not believe in God, or just have a different belief system all together. As for your question, You could get pregnant on your 1st month or you could be trying for much longer. I got pregnant with DS my first month off of BC and here we are 8 months into trying for #2 with no no sticky baby. Read up on your cycles, I think most women read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I found it to be a handy book.

I notice she already apologized if she offended anyone and dont get the sense she wanted that to be a focus.

• Options
    Hope it works out for you. I'm in the same boat getting off the pill. My doctor said I could be ovulating normally right away it it could take 6 or more months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"