Stay at Home Moms

How many family pics do you have on display?

My friend was making fun of me for not putting pics out. We have a wedding pic in our bedroom, one of the girls on the desk and they each have a baby pic in their room. Other than that, I don't have any family pictures up. My parents didn't put pics up either, so maybe I am just used to that. Just curious what others have and if there were lots of pics up in your house while growing up.
Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage

Re: How many family pics do you have on display?

• A decent amount. In our entry stairwell we have a photo wall, with maybe 12 or so? A few wedding, some of just the kids, some full family, etc. In the living room on the built ins we have about 5 or 6 more spread out. In the master bedroom we have three blown up nice black and white family portraits.

I don't think it is excessive, especially since they aren't ALL OVER the house. The master bedroom is on its own floor so no one even sees it except DH and I. And the ones we have up are (IMO) tasteful, a mix of black and white/clor/pro/personal/oversized, etc etc etc. Its not like we have endless framed school portrais fo the kids :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our fridge is covered in pictures and other then that we don't have any up. We never got around to printing pictures off and now that we bought a house we are liking the clean look.

Growing up we didn't have a lot of pictures up either. Im sure when the kiddo comes my mom will have her house covered in pictures of the grand kids like my grandparents do (My dad's mom's house has been named "the shrine" to me and my sister)

• Loading the player...
  • We don't have a ton because I don't like too much clutter but we have a couple floating shelves in our living room that have a few pics on them (wedding, DS, random), and a mix of photos and artwork hanging around the rest of the room.  In our family room we have like a ledge around the entire perimeter and we have a few photos around there along with a lot of plants, we have 3 larger framed photos of DS hanging in our bedroom and then a little 'newborn stats' type shadow box in DSs room.

Not a lot IMO and a lot of them are candids. 

• To many ;)

But they are in little frames on shelves, not the wall. I love unique little frames and so I pick them up here and their and put pics of family and place them here and there on bookshelves. We also have a few really pretty frames with pics on the mantel of the fireplace. I really love family pics in pretty tiny frames. 

We only have I think 3 family pic frames actually on the wall. One is an old antique mirror frame where the mirror broke so we took the mirror out and put pretty paper in with two black and white wedding pics. Its in the "dining room". One is just a pretty pic of DD in the living room. And in our craft/music room we have a antique picture frame that I painted a bright color and put pretty paper in with several weddings pics in. 

I do want a big family pic with all 4 of us somewhere once we get the new pics in. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Lots. I love pictures. We have a picture wall in the living room with 9 (and room for more), 3 on our mantel, a couple on the bookshelf behind the couch. I've always liked having pictures around.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • ta78ta78 member
    I have a gallery wall in the living room w about 15 pictures. They need to be updated though.. None of DD are up yet.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• My house is full of pictures and very simple decorations 
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Oh, but I fot to add that we are putting a big family pic in the livingroom on the wall as soon as the pics come in! And maybe a few smaller ones around it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• I have one picture of the kids up in the main living area, and a bunch of wedding pictures on a bookshelf in the office. I need to hang some photos in the family room; the walls are bare right now!

However, I do scrapbook, so there are a bunch of pictures in the house...just not all on display.

• We have about 8 pictures of us.
  • My parents had very few pictures around when we were growing up, mostly because my mother hates anything that she has to dust. Now, pictures of my DS seem to sprout from any and all surfaces.

In our home, we have various pictures on the fridge and framed candid shots on various shelves and bookcases. Nothing too cluttery. Maybe 6 in the living room, 3 in our bedroom and a newborn collage in DS's room.
  • Just one.  It is a picture DH drew of DS.  It is really nice and I love it.
    April 2009
  • We have quite a few in our living room. It's a large gallery wall display of family pics. We have a few in our bedroom and a couple on our entryway table. DS has 3 on a shelf up in his room. It never occurred to me to not put up pics of my family in my home. Some people probably think it's excessive, but whatev, they don't live here :)
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Two and they're both 4X6 snapshots. We've never done family pictures with an actual photographer. I've also never had photos of DS done. Bad mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe five or six....the rest are DH's photography from when he was in Africa or some random climbing shots he took in Russia. I will probably add some more family pics once we move though.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce."
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Lots! I love pictures!
  • We have a photo collage above our couch in the living room and then a few in our bedroom. DS has a couple in his room as well. I love pictures.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Family pics? 4 from where I'm sitting. I think those are the only ones. Two of the three of us and two of DH and siblings/parents. None of my family. LOL We don't do pictures. 10 of DD hang on our wall...they're from birth to 7 years old.
  • We have 2 as of right now. One from our wedding and one from our engagement session. We have both in our bedroom. Everything else is just random decor from stores.

Of course when LO comes that will probably change. We do plan to have a family photo done with the baby is born that will be in the hall way. I'm not sure that we'll take it any further than that but I'm sure i'll change my mind!
  • I have a fair amount. I have our big family portrait with pics of both boys in our living room, a picture collage and a few others in our downstairs hallway. There are also a few up in our room and in the dining room. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Tons, some one just the kids, some of our whole family some of my niece and nephew. I love pictures,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"