November 2013 Moms

No bump Ever!

I was thinking today how great would it be if I never got a bump!!  I know I am only 13 weeks however I still fit into my work clothes fine, I don't look pregnant and I wouldn't be upset if I never did! I would be perfectly fine not having to wear maternity clothes or being able to sleep on my stomach the entire time!

I had twins with my first pregnancy and was huge and this time there is only one so I better not be THAT big.  On that show "I didn't know I was PG" there are lots of ladies who don't gain any weight or start showing I would like to be one of those ladies! LOL

What does everything think?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No bump Ever!

• I don't mind looking pregnant. It makes my butt look less fat Embarrassed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I absolutely miss having a bump. It is the best table when eating on the couch. I have also NEVER seen a woman that didn't look cute with a baby bump. Well, as long as it is obviously a bump. Stick out tongue

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you kidding?  I can't wait to have a bump and feel and look pregnant.  Ask me again at 34 weeks though.
  • I was glad I got a bump last time... it balanced out my boobs.

In all seriousness, I loved the bump and feeling our daughter kick and move.  You could actually see elbows, legs, feet and hands at some points.  It was so awesome.  It's actually something I'm looking forward to again.

• I absolutely love having a baby bump!  Having one is when I feel the most feminine and comfortable in my skin.

• imagegardennymph:
    I absolutely miss having a bump. It is the best table when eating on the couch. I have also NEVER seen a woman that didn't look cute with a baby bump. Well, as long as it is obviously a bump. Stick out tongue
    I agree. I think pregnant women are just adorable.
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd rather gain as little as possible just so that it's not as hard to lose it afterwards. Don't have the money for a trainer or chef like Jessica Simpson or I'd just eat whatever and whenever and not have a worry in the world. I try and just be responsible about it and eat enough but not eat for an army!
  • I am looking forward to having a bump again. This time it would be nice if my butt and thighs stayed the same size though!
  • imageSing2phins:
    This is my first, and I want so badly to have a cute pregnant belly.nbsp; I'm so mad at myself that I gained so much weight over the last 4 years and didn't try hard enough to get back under control, and that now I'll just be one of those ladies who looks fat until 8 months or something. I'm really disappointed.nbsp;I can see where you're coming from, though, since you had twins already.

I'm in the same boat .... I should be like 30 pounds lighter and kept putting off loosing the weight, now I feel line I'm gonna be a heffer once the baby weight starts coming on! So far I have no gained any weight ....
  • imagegardennymph:
    I absolutely miss having a bump. It is the best table when eating on the couch. I have also NEVER seen a woman that didn't look cute with a baby bump. Well, as long as it is obviously a bump. Stick out tongue

This.

My cell phone longs for its home on my belly when I sit down

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Don't give up hope on losing the weight after baby gets here already ladies! The 1 1/2 years it took to TTC my DD didn't do great on my waistline thanks to emotional eating. I was able to lose all the pregnancy weight plus some of my TTC weight. I started this pregnancy about 15lbs lighter than I was 3 years ago when I got pregnant with DD.

I'm no celebrity either, I certainly can't afford a trainer or personal chef. Just a real chick who did it on my own. I was still about 10lbs from my goal weight when I got my BFP, but closer than before my first pregnancy.
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ladies, please be careful about not gaining weight.  But not gaining weight is dangerous for those that are a healthy weight pre-pregnancy.  

My BFF didn't listen to this and didn't gain enough weight.  Her son was born with club feet.  Doctor said he didn't have enough room to move around in there because she didn't gain enough weight.  He has had several surgeries and is now 17 and still needs more surgery.  He often wishes they could just cut one of the feet off.  I know there are other complications as well.  She listened her second pregnancy and gained the appropriate amount of weight and had no issues with her daughter.

• I loved having a belly with DD, even though I was huge.  It was the first time in my life I wasn't self conscious about whether my shirt was sitting the right way or whether my chub was noticable.   

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• imagepjmommy04:

I was thinking today how great would it be if I never got a bump!!  I know I am only 13 weeks however I still fit into my work clothes fine, I don't look pregnant and I wouldn't be upset if I never did! I would be perfectly fine not having to wear maternity clothes or being able to sleep on my stomach the entire time!

I had twins with my first pregnancy and was huge and this time there is only one so I better not be THAT big.  On that show "I didn't know I was PG" there are lots of ladies who don't gain any weight or start showing I would like to be one of those ladies! LOL

What does everything think?

:) I can understand where you are coming from ;)  What you're saying is "I'm worried my uterus will remember what it was like with the twins and when it starts to show, will it look like/feel like it did with the twins?" ;) Lol, at least I bet that thought/fear is SOMEWHERE in there ;)  I know it's in there for me!  I like still being able to sleep on my belly, and plan to make it work as long as I can...with my boys I couldn't sleep on my belly past 10 weeks or so, it was just too uncomfortable.  I don't mind getting a 'baby bump' (when that happens, it hasn't yet, just bloat up top from where the boys sstretched it all out with their pg)...just As long as my belly doesn't remember what it did with their pregnancy and automatically go to that size ;)

God gave me a double portion for my inheritance with my little Mighty men :) 9/19/10 Baby A born at 1:47 am 6lbs 14oz, 20.5inches long. Baby B born at 3:20 am 6lbs 6oz, 19.5inches long. My double blessing!:)
  • I don't miss the baby bump either.  It made me so self conscious. I don't like to be noticed. More importantly, I don't like people touching my stomach!  My MIL was so annoyed last pregnancy because I refused to post belly shots. (she lived far away)  I'd always have my oldest sitting blocking the bump in pics so I didn't look pregnant. ;)

My favorite part about having a bump is people helping you at the grocery store.  I always got people offering to lift something heavy and offering to let me pass them in the check out line. 

• I liked my bump. It got old, of course, but for the most part, I enjoyed it. The part I hate is before a real bump, when I still look like I waddled out of an all day pancake buffet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"