New Jersey Babies
Options

OB rec that delivers at Robert Wood Johnson?

We just had our offer on a house accepted and it looks like we'll be moving about 15-20 min from New Brunswick this summer.  I am due in mid-Sept, so while I know I shouldn't officially switch docs until after inspection, etc and we know for sure this house is going to work out for us, I want to start calling OBs in that area to see who is accepting new patients.

Any recommendations on OBs that deliver at Robert Wood Johnson?  Or, conversely, if you have strong opinions on not using RWJ, where do you recommend and why?

I am a FTM that doesn't have any out of the ordinary birth plan.  I want the hospital delivery at a place where I know there's good care if anything happens to either me or the baby.  Private room would be ideal.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: OB rec that delivers at Robert Wood Johnson?

• Options
    darian4darian4 member
    I am delivering at St. Peter's in NB. My doctors are great! They are in East brunswick. The practice is called Brunswick Hills OBGYN. They are fantastic!! St. Peter's is a wonderful hospital!
  • Options

imagedarian4:
    I am delivering at St. Peter's in NB. My doctors are great! They are in East brunswick. The practice is called Brunswick Hills OBGYN. They are fantastic!! St. Peter's is a wonderful hospital!

same hospital and OBGYN group.....love it 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm a first time mom too! Congratulations!

I too live 20 mins from New Brunswick, and I will be delivering at St. Peter's and my OB is Dr. Bharucha (East Brunswick and Somerset). I'm very happy with both choices, and I actually switched from Brunswick Hills before I got pregnant because I wanted a smaller practice. The first hospital choice of my OB was St. Peter's and I knew that's where I wanted to deliver, but I think he may also deliver at RWJ. We toured St. Peter's two weeks ago and I was very happy with the care that both I and baby will receive, especially if something unexpected happens.

Good luck with your choice!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dr. Bharucha is great he is also my doctor and i will also be choosing St.Peter's !
  • Options
    I'm delivering at St.Peters also (just down the street from RWJ) and using Somerset OBGYN.  Both my sister and sister in law used the same practice and hospital for all 4 of their kids. 

• Options
    I actually found a great group - the University OB/GYN Medical Group at RWJ.  They've been nothing but awesome since day 1!
  • Options
    Depends on which direction 20 minutes I am delivering at Princeton Hospital they are very nice there 
  • Options
    I'm delivering at RWJ and absolutey LOVE the group I see, especially my main doctor.  It's the same group as Curls218 mentioned.  They are down the block from the hospital and have been amazing.  My main doctor is Dr. Merjanian and she is the sweetest person you will ever meet.  The nurses and other doctors I've seen are just as nice.  You can't go wrong with them!
  • Options
    I second---the Ob/Gyn group  at RWJ is excellent. They were so supportive throughout my first pregnancy which was high-risk. Dr. Ebert was the main doctor who provided my care. He is very kind and answers any question regardless of how silly it may be. The delivery process was great. I had an emergency c-section at RWJ and all of the nurses and doctors took such great care of my son and I. Plus, the food was good. :-)
  • Options
    Does the university Rwj group have hrs after 5pm I'm having a really hard time finding a Dr with evening hours
  • Options
    I believe they do.  I was offered an appointment as late as 6:15 one time.  I'm not sure if these hours are every day or not.
  • Options
    I also saw the RWJ group and delievered at RWJ.  I am high risk so I saw Dr. Rosen in addition to Dr. Ebert and  Dr. Merjanian.  I received wonderful care and any question or concern I had they happily answered.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nikid27 said:
    Does the university Rwj group have hrs after 5pm I'm having a really hard time finding a Dr with evening hours

They do have evening hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"