Multiples

Twins waking up at the same time to feed

I am formula feeding my girls and they wake up lately at the same time crying to be fed.  What is the best way for me to feed them at the same time-as i'm having a hard time doing it! 

Re: Twins waking up at the same time to feed

• When mine were tiny, we used Boppys. We now use bouncy chairs or high chairs. It takes a little practice to develop a routine that works, but my boys do very well with it now.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Saves time by feeding them together! What are you having difficulty with? Trying to hold both? Burping? If you lay them both down, and hold one bottle with each hand, it should be quite easy for you.

We used the Boppy newborn loungers and now high chairs. You can also put them in their car seats. Burping is where it gets tricky. Our son always burps well, so we burped him first quickly, and then his sister, as she has GERD and needed to stay upright for 15+ minutes after eating.

Good luck!

TTC since 04/2010
    Ovarian cancer survivor
    DH= low motility
    2/9/11 lap & hysteroscopy- uterine polyp & scar tissue removed
    3/25/11 IUI#1= BFP m/c; D&C at 7w3d (Trisomy 16)
    IUIs #2, #3, #4 and #5= BFNs
    Onto IVF #1= BFN
    FET 4/6/12= 2 extended blasts transferred, with one hatching
    Beta 1= 607; Beta 2= 1,564; Beta 3= 24,439; Beta 4= over 64,000
    First u/s on 5/10= TWINS! Heartbeats 158 and 160!
    It's a boy and a girl!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    My Blog
    Huge congrats to my beautiful BFPB lmj8284, due June 2012!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." -FDR
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Boppy's as well.  I sit on the floor, leaning against the couch with a Boppy on either side of me.  This way you can flip them over on the boppy to burp as well.  I actually find it a little easier to have one in a Boppy, and sit the other one on my lap (and still have the second Boppy ready beside me for burping or if I need to attend to the other twin). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • During the day I have one in the boppy lounger and one in my lap. At night I rest a pillow against my left leg and put one baby laying on it with his head up on my leg then have one baby across my lap with his head on the same pillow. Works great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"