August 2013 Moms

Need 2yr old Gift Idea

Hi there!

I need your expertise.  I'm going to a 2yr old bday party this weekend and am very limited on time to shop. She loves jungle animals. Do you have any ideas on what to get her? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need 2yr old Gift Idea

• Animal books, outside choices since its nicer out like chalk, a new sprinkler, or bubbles. Also you can find animal playsets for cheap sometimes...like little tiger, lion, monkey figures. Art stuff goes over well too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I second art supplies. Puzzles are good too. Balls. Sand toys. My friends little girls love dress up clothes.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've found that 2-year-olds can get really overstimulated during gift-giving holidays and probably won't even notice/remember what you get for them. With that in mind, I like to give gifts that will be pleasing to parents. New books are always a great idea ? every toddler parent is sick to death of the books they've read 1,000 times. Art supplies are also great ? my daughter loves stickers especially.

Another thought: character band-aids. DD loves band-aids and requests one for every little scrape. They're sort of expensive, though, especially the branded ones like Dora or Spongebob or Toy Story. It sounds like a weird gift, but I think a toddler would be excited and the parents would be happy to have something they might actually use.

• Bubbles

Play-doh

Washable markers and paper

Stickers

• Books and puzzles are great.  I feel like we can never have too many books in our house!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Puzzles are a big hit right now with my 23 month old!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • What about "from head to toe"? It's a cute book that goes through all kidns of motions. when I worked in a daycare the kids loved making animal noises along with it. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• Any chance LO has an Amazon wishlist? 

I'd either ask mom what she recommends, or stick to books or a gift card. DD got way too many toys for her first and second birthday that never got played with.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebreezalina82:
    What about "from head to toe"? It's a cute book that goes through all kidns of motions. when I worked in a daycare the kids loved making animal noises along with it. 

DD LOVES that book. Also, the drum/musical instruments that PP mentioned, she got that for christmas and plays with it every day. She does hit everything in the house with the drum stick- so be careful about that aspect. I bought my niece a sit' n spin and that was a big hit as well. What I appreciate most for DD to get is books. We are all tired of the same books over and over again, even DD seems to be sick of most of them these days. 

imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you everyone! so many great ideas! I think i'm going to do a non-messy arts and crafts themed gift....but I love the drum set thing from target (I know exactly what you are talking about)...I also know she will pay back by giving my baby something that makes noise...so I need to be careful ;-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My 2yo loves her play shopping cart, play stroller, tea set, bubbles, big chunky wood puzzles (like Melissa & Doug), and any sit & scoot toys. Outdoor toys are also a good suggestion, she LOVES her water table when the weather is nice.  I always like to give books, you can't really go wrong with those.  Lots of cute Eric Carle books about animals that are good for this age (Brown Bear Brown Bear jumps immediately to mind).
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I have a two and a half year old and a bubble machine would be a big hit. Mylar balloons would be, too. They also make some really cute beach chairs and toys for kids that we use at the beach and in the backyard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"