Multiples

bedrest PIH 24 wks.

I am 24 weeks with Di/Di twins and yesterday my blood pressure was higher than the OB liked. I had been 100/60 and yesterday was 148/86. So now I am modified bed rest until my next appt. Thursday. Currently collecting 24 hour urine and had blood drawn yesterday. I hope this is short lived but I think this may be it.I'm worried about FMLA if I have to stop working now!! Any advice or encouragement is welcome!

Bumping from my phone

imageimage

Re: bedrest PIH 24 wks.

• I'm sorry you are going through this so early, My BP went up 2 weeks ago at 33 weeks. I was not put on bed rest but dr officially took me off work yesterday. All my lab results came back negative for pre-e so it seems to be that my body is just being overworked by the pregnancy. I asked my OB about bp meds and she said this late in pregnancy they don't like to artificially alter bp because the placenta is used to it. In your case maybe it's early enough to go on meds to regulate it if it's not pre-e? I know what you mean about FMLA. Since you're going out so early, do you have long term disability that can be used for anything beyond FMLA? My issue hit at just the time where the boys will be 9-10 weeks old when I hit the 12 week mark off of work so that's when I will be going back. I know it's hard not to stress out about work but just keep in mind that you're doing what you need to do to keep babies healthy. Good luck!

6 year old daughter

Fraternal boys born on May 11, 2013 at 36 weeks 4 days

• Thank you! Ill ask the doctor Thursday about meds and such. I'm hoping i can go back to work part time. I know I can collect short term disability but not sure about my benefits beyond 12 weeks!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I just went through something similar: at 24wks w di/di boys, my BP was high at my OB appt and I had protein in my urine. I think it was 128/88 or something. No bed rest or anything, but I did have to go back for a BP check the following week. It was more normal, but still protein, so I did the per in a jug thing over the weekend and am awaiting the results of that.

I have no other symptoms of pree, so we're all hopeful that it was just a scare. My BP had also been back to normal, so I'm hoping that the high reading was just a freak thing.

Hoping your tests come back good!

• Be careful with short term disability if you are at all able to work they will try and fight the claim. Not to be a downer but I am fighting with them now because I am not strict bed rest. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"