January 2014 Moms

GTKY

Hey there! Let's get to know each other a little better.

Favorite band:

Favorite food:

Cats or dogs:

Favorite season:

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom:

Re: GTKY

• Favorite band: See my screen name. Though lately I have been majorly in to The Band Perry and The Civil Wars.

Favorite food: Chocolate! Basically anything at all that is chocolate.

Cats or dogs: Cats. Dogs are so needy.

Favorite season: Late spring/early summer. The weather isn't cold, but it isn't too hot anymore

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I am currently a work outside the home mom and will continue to be so.

• Favorite band:  Right now I would have to say Michal Franti and Spearhead

Favorite food: Um... pad thai this week?

Cats or dogs: neither.  I love being animal free.  If the kids and DH get their way a dog though.

Favorite season: spring and fall - can't pick love them both!

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom:  I am a SAHM currently and will be for the foreseeable future.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Favorite band:Hmm...not a band, but an artist. I really enjoy James Taylor.

Favorite food: Currently, avocado chicken salad.

Cats or dogs: I am allergic to everything with fur but I guess I prefer cats.

Favorite season: Summer for all of its delicious produce.

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I am a stay-at-home mom to 2 toddlers right now and will continue on that path when new baby arrives.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Favorite band: Maroon 5 or BNL

Favorite food: enchiladas

Cats or dogs: dogs (I do have both)

Favorite season: Spring

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I am a SAHM.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• Favorite band: Always tied between Bon Iver & Mumford and Sons.

Favorite food: Beets.

Cats or dogs: Cats. 

Favorite season: Fall. Layers, good books and hot lattes. 

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I'll continue to be a stay at home mom.  

sam & arlo 

• 2Dash2Dash member

Favorite band: ummm... I like Micheal Buble.  More of a single artist than band person.

Favorite food: right now ... nothing.  Usually, pizza.

Cats or dogs: dogs for sure

Favorite season: fall

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I will behome for a year with LO then back to work full-time.  I would love an arrangment where I could work part-time or four days a week so I could have a little more balance.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Favorite band: Counting Crows

Favorite food: Sushi!

Cats or dogs: We have two wonderfully moody cats. I love them.

Favorite season: Fall

We recently moved and I work full time at home. My daughter goes to daycare. We'll keep this arrangement with the new baby. 

• Favorite band: Tough one...not sure I can pick a favorite!

Favorite food: Pasta! Or pizza.

Cats or dogs: Either...but have 2 cats right now.

Favorite season: Spring/begining of summer.

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: Probaly have to keep working, but would love to be a SAHM.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• PiachPiach member

Favorite band: I really don't have one - my DH is really into music, so I generally just listen to whatever he has on. I also listen to a lot of the Toddler station on Pandora Smile

Favorite food: Carbs

Cats or dogs: Dogs

Favorite season: Spring

I work full time right now and will most likely continue after this baby.  My DD goes to daycare at DH's office and it is a really great center. I do have the luxury of choosing whether to work and to be honest, I can't imagine staying home with DD. She gets so much more from daycare than I think I could ever give her at home.

BFP 10/8/12 | Missed Miscarriage - D&C 11/12/12

• Favorite band: Hmm this is tough, but right now, Justin Timberlake (more of a person, but I just bought his CD).

Favorite food: Pizza, I could eat it every day

Cats or dogs: both... I love my cats and my dog equally

Favorite season: Fall, hands down

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I will be working outside of the home full time, it sucks but it is what it is.. ya know 

• Favorite band: I don't have a favorite, I listen to a little bit of everything. Right now the Eagles is playing on my iTunes.

Favorite food: Burritos, baby!

Cats or dogs: Cats! We have a cat named Barney, he's awesome. (LOL to the first poster who said dogs are needy - truth.)

Favorite season: Spring here in CA, but fall when I lived in MA.

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I will continue to be a full-time working mom, though my office is really family-friendly and I will probably try to work from home regularly. 

• Favorite band: Eli Young Band, The Band Perry

Favorite food: Chicken Salad Croissants and Fries from this great little restaurant in my hometown

Cats or dogs: Cats for sure

Favorite season: Fall

I am currently a SAHM who does some occassional side work (couple hours a week mostly from home). 

DS1 born 3/27/12 DS2 due 1/8/14
  • Favorite band: I don't really have one to be honest. I listen to everything.

Favorite food: Chicken! I love chicken and we cook a whole one each week - last pregnancy I could not stand chicken for the first trimester so I am kind of fearing the return of that.

Cats or dogs: Dogs for sure.

Favorite season: Fall!!

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I work part time now (when DH is off) but the hope is that I can be home full time with our 2 los and then run a home daycare watching 1 or 2 other kids. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Favorite band: Dave Matthews Band... Lately though I've been listening to a lot of Taylor Swift, Pink, and pretty much anything Top 40. I'm all over the map.

Favorite food: Sushi. Or anything salty!

Cats or dogs: Dogs. Love my boy Henry.

Favorite season: Summer (but we'll see how I feel about that at +30 and pregnant)

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I just came back to work after being home with DD for 8-months and work almost full time. I'll probably come back after my year mat leave with this one too, but the goal is to eventually be a SAHM.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Favorite band: Not sure about favorite band, but I love country music!

Favorite food: Sushi!  Any other sushi lovers?  Are you restricting?

Cats or dogs: Dogs, but I'm not really an animal person. Confused

Favorite season: Fall!  Love the weather, and the outfits!!

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom:  I will go back to work after 3-4 month maternity leave.  My DH is in law school, and once he graduates w/ employment I will probably stop working and go back to school myself (about 3 years from now).

Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3
  • Favorite Band:  of all time, probably Dave Matthews.  Of right now, probably Mumford and Sons.

Favorite Food:  really good cheese (like straight off the farm)

Cats or Dogs:  Neither?  If I had to choose, I'd say dogs.  I have a dog and a cat and I love them but I'm not a huge pet lover in general.

Favorite Season:  Fall by a huge landslide.  I adore the fall.

I am currently a SAHM.  I was a WOHM after my first child was born until my second was born.  I have stayed home since DS was born and will continue to stay home until this baby is at least 3 or 4.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• imageleighkinpa:

You and me both, sister!  Are you eating it, or completely abstaining for pregnancy?  I've read so much conflicting information!

Our Baby Girl, Emma, changed our lives forever when she was born 12-19-13 <3
  • Favorite band: Not sure but I love Brad Paisley

Favorite food: anything with cheese!

Cats or dogs: dogs 

Favorite season: fall

I already work prn as a nurse practitioner, so I plan on keeping that job. I work 4 days every 6 weeks 

• I'm runnergirl and I'm new here today.  I think my due date is January 14th.  Not 100% sure :) 

Favorite band: Not really a favorite band.  I like Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Jay-Z

Favorite food: I really love pizza

Cats or dogs: Love dogs but I currently have a cat

Favorite season: Summer hands down

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: Right now I work part time and I'm with my son two days a week.  I prefer to at least work part time.  Momma needs to be around adults :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagesugarland726:

Hey there! Let's get to know each other a little better.

Favorite band: I always dislike this question because I don't have a favorite, it depends on my mood and I bounce from genre to genre.  I like Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars and several country artists. 

Favorite food: Anything spicy...mexican, buffalo wings, thai food...yum!

Cats or dogs:  Dogs (only because I am not a litter box fan)

Favorite season:  Summer--I am a teacher so I enjoy having the time off to spend with DD

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom:  I have been a work outside the home mom since DD was months.  Our goal is for me to SAH until this little one is at least 9 months but maybe longer.  It will depend on finances.  

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Favorite band:   I'm also loving The Band Perry right now

Favorite food:   today? or other days?  ha!   Steak.  I could live off steak and mac and cheese.   Now I am disappointed by my pork chops for supper!

Cats or dogs:   We have both

Favorite season: Fall!

I already WOHM, and will continue to do so.

imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• Favourite Band: Dave Matthews Band, Mumford and Sons, Old Crow Medicine Show

Favourite Food: Sushi and Pad Thai

Cats or Dogs: Definitely Dogs

Favorite Season: Fall- I love my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Sine this is our first I hope to stay home, we will see how things go- living in Canada I get a year Mat Leave so it will give me time to decide :)

• Favorite band: That's a hard one.. um right now I like Fun

Favorite food: Sushi

Cats or dogs: I like both. But love dogs. We have 2 labs.

Favorite season: Summer

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I will work out the home, hoping to go back to work just part time though.

Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• imageChuggingWater:

Favorite band:   I'm also loving The Band Perry right now

Favorite food:   today? or other days?  ha!   Steak.  I could live off steak and mac and cheese.   Now I am disappointed by my pork chops for supper!

Cats or dogs:   We have both

Favorite season: Fall!

I already WOHM, and will continue to do so.

I think I love you for the parts I put in italics.

• imageKbc31:

Favourite Band: Dave Matthews Band, Mumford and Sons, Old Crow Medicine Show

Favourite Food: Sushi and Pad Thai

Cats or Dogs: Definitely Dogs

Favorite Season: Fall- I love my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes

Sine this is our first I hope to stay home, we will see how things go- living in Canada I get a year Mat Leave so it will give me time to decide :)

I am so jealous of Canada's maternity leave 

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageCaseyLMicheil:
    imageleighkinpa:

You and me both, sister!  Are you eating it, or completely abstaining for pregnancy?  I've read so much conflicting information!

I haven't decided. Probably yes after the first trimester (but nothing crazy - mostly tuna and salmon in moderation) which is what I did for my first pregnancy. During the first tri, I will probably avoid and just eat non-raw sushi like california rolls.  

• Favorite band:Too many to name!  :)

Favorite food: Mashed potatoes and gravy!

Cats or dogs: I have one of each and like each for a different reason.  They're my "other" kids.

Favorite season: Hands down, SUMMER!  I'm always cold .... and it's the only 3 months of the year I don't constantly wear a sweater/cardigan.

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: I'll go back to work ....

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Hey there! Let's get to know each other a little better.

Favorite band: I don't really have one.  I just have favorite songs.  I love listening to music, but I don't really know who sings what, haha.

Favorite food: Pasta, especially creamy pastas.

Cats or dogs: I'm a huge dog person, and really don't like cats.

Favorite season: Summer!

Will you work outside the home, work from home, or be a stay at home mom: Kind of all three.  I work part time as a legal assistant. I go into the office one day a week. I bring work home, and work at home 1-2 days a week, and I SAH with our DS the rest of the time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"