January 2014 Moms
Options

I really dislike being pregnant.

I'm all about the end result - kids are awesome.  And since this is my last trip at the rodeo I thought I would like it more this time.  Nope.  Still do not like it.  This is going to be a long trip!

imageimage

Re: I really dislike being pregnant.

• Options
    That sucks! This is going to be a long road for you. 

I'm the opposite. I love being pregnant. All the kicks, the waddling, the smiles, etc. I loved it, and am really excited for it all again. 
    sam & arlo 

• Options
    I try to hide it, but I always feel like poo!  My white blood cell count goes through the roof - and I'm fairly certain that what makes me feel so icky the whole time.  Last time I peaked at a WBC of 22 or 23 - most people are in the hospital when they are that high.  On the plus side, I don't get colds and junk.  I just have swollen nasal passages the whole pregnancy!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm the same way.  I adore both of my kids, but my pregnancies have been tough.  I am usually on modified bed rest by 25 weeks and get very swollen and icky.

It is our last baby too so I am determined to enjoy it as much as humanly possible!!  Good luck!

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    2Dash2Dash member

I didn't mind so much with my first pregnancy - up until the last couple of weeks when I was carrying WAY too much water.  But now with morning sickness (and extra pounds still from pregnancy #1) I'm hoping that I enjoy this pregnancy.

As you said, the babies are worth it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm curious to see how this one will go. I had a fairly easy first pregnancy, but I'm worried the second one won't be as easy. This may be our last so I'm going to try to enjoy it. Not much to like or dislike so far though. :)
  • Options
    CandKSCandKS member

::Lurking from November boards::

I know that there are plenty of things about being pregnant that are not glamorous: bloated, constipation, sore boobs, morning sickness, etc., and I know that you love your baby and current kids in your siggy are beautiful, but I thought that the title of this post was somewhat insensitive. 

There are plenty of women on here that couldn't be happier to be pregnant and all that comes with it. Ask anyone on TTGP, Trouble TTGP, Miscarriage/Pregnancy loss, TTCAL, or PgAL that would love anything more than to just be pregnant and have all of the symptoms that come with it. They would welcome all the symptoms of pregnancy and jump for joy at the thought of wearing elastic waistband pants.

I have had 2 losses within the last year, currently 11w5d, and god willing all goes well, I will relish and enjoy everything that comes along with being pregnant. I often consider the not-so-pleasant moments of pregnancy signs that things are progressing well!  

I know that your post probably was not intended to hurt anyone's feeling, and maybe I am just a little too overly sensitive at the moment, but I just thought the title of your post was a little insensitive considering there are some loss moms out there who would trade places with you in a heartbeat. 

I hope you have a HAPPY and Healthy 9 months!!!! 

• Options
    imageCandKS:

::Lurking from November boards::

I know that there are plenty of things about being pregnant that are not glamorous: bloated, constipation, sore boobs, morning sickness, etc., and I know that you love your baby and current kids in your siggy are beautiful, but I thought that the title of this post was somewhat insensitive. 

There are plenty of women on here that couldn't be happier to be pregnant and all that comes with it. Ask anyone on TTGP, Trouble TTGP, Miscarriage/Pregnancy loss, TTCAL, or PgAL that would love anything more than to just be pregnant and have all of the symptoms that come with it. They would welcome all the symptoms of pregnancy and jump for joy at the thought of wearing elastic waistband pants.

I have had 2 losses within the last year, currently 11w5d, and god willing all goes well, I will relish and enjoy everything that comes along with being pregnant. I often consider the not-so-pleasant moments of pregnancy signs that things are progressing well!  

I know that your post probably was not intended to hurt anyone's feeling, and maybe I am just a little too overly sensitive at the moment, but I just thought the title of your post was a little insensitive considering there are some loss moms out there who would trade places with you in a heartbeat. 

I hope you have a HAPPY and Healthy 9 months!!!! 

~Lurking from Dec 13~

I would first like to say that as a member of PGAL, I am very much pregnant. And so is everyone else on that board.

That being said I sort of agree. I know not all of the pregnancy symptoms are as pretty as the babys they lead to. But it's sort of offensive to people who are desperatly trying to become pregnant to say how awful it is for you to BE pregnant. If I'd seen this a couple months ago, I can honeslty say I would have cried. I know that this was in no way intended to be offensive at all, but I hope you see how it could hurt people.

I'm not going to try to make you feel bad for posting it, or suggest you change the title or take it down. This is the internet, and you can pretty much do whatever you want. And that's the way it should be. I just wanted to point out what it may feel like to some people on the other side of this post.

And I seriously don't need people posting saying that I'm a "whiny b*tch" or that I need to "get over myself" nor am I trying to be snarky or rude, or cause drama. This post wasn't really all that offensive to me. I'm just trying to speak for the people who are currently in the situation I was a few months ago.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Options
    MsCat19MsCat19 member
    I understand where you are coming from, but does this mean that when someone who is PGAL is not allowed to complain once they get pregnant?  This is my perspective.  This is my reality.  I am not taking anything away from you, please don't take anything away from me.  You do not know my back story other then what I share here. 

imageimage

• Options

imageMsCat19:
    I understand where you are coming from, but does this mean that when someone who is PGAL is not allowed to complain once they get pregnant?  This is my perspective.  This is my reality.  I am not taking anything away from you, please don't take anything away from me.  You do not know my back story other then what I share here. 

I know this is on the second page now...

but that's a really good point. I was in no way trying to attack you or take anything away from you, and I'm sorry that's the way it came across. I'm all for expressing the way you're feeling, no matter what. And I'm so thankful that these boards allow me (and others) to do that judgement free. So I promise I wasn't judging you. And as I said, it didn't really offend me all that much. I was just thinking back to when we were TTC, and of how it felt when people said they hated being pregnant.

Everyone's story is different, and everyone has thier own idea about what sucks durring pregnancy, and you're entitled to your version.

Just wanted to set the record straight. I hate drama, and I hate thinking people are upset with me (even internet strangers). So I figured I'd try to clear that up on the off chance you'll visit this thread again.

I wish you all the luck in the world with this pregnancy (and I hope the symptoms aren't to bad this time around)

And again, I am sorry to anyone I offended. This was not my intention.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • Options
    I HATED my 1st - 9 months of being nauseous sucks.  But the more I think about how amazing the whole process is, the more in awe I am of how it all works so I'm really hoping to enjoy the process this time.  but its still REALLY early, so I might just have on my rose colored glasses for now.
    pregnancy due date Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"