3rd Trimester

thoughts on self-tanner?

Hope I don't get flamed for this, but just curious what your thoughts were. So many of my pregnant friends use self tanner, and I was thinking about it. Thought it may help my self-confidence in the fact that I am SO PALE and heavy now, that instead of sitting outside and baking in the sun, I could try a little tanner. What are your thoughts? I meant to ask my midwife yesterday but forgot. 
Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: thoughts on self-tanner?

• Yes - was told self tanner is ok by my OB. I use L'oreal self tanning wipes and it really helps to have a bit of color. I usually can sit in the sun with no problem, but w. pregnancy seem to have more sensitivity and feel like it's burning, so self tanner is the way to go.
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • You can use it. 30 minutes of sun a day is good for you though. It can help you feel better and sleep better.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • The only reason I wouldn't use it is because I never think it looks right.  It's always a bizarre color and or streaky.  No matter how expensive or good the brand is...I can always tell.
  • No flaming here. I've wondered the same thing.

And sadly 30 minutes of sun would do nothing but turn my poor skin red! :(

I'm allergic to several self-tanners, but I'm either go the Jergens route or I bought some Australian gold that has a nice color.

Now if I can just reach most of my legs to get them shaved! ;) 

• I'm with Mainerocks on this, I wouldn't use it even when not pregnant.  There are some funky things in those self tanners... not a fan!  But I don't think it'll hurt the baby or anything like that so if it'll help you feel better, go for it!  I just wouldn't aim for the Snooki Orange look and spend days lathering it on.  :)

Also a little sun would be good for you.  Maybe do some yard work in a bikini for 20 minutes a day. 

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• You could try Chocolate Sun organic self tanner. I used to go to the salon in Santa Monica and it's fabulous and very natural (but pricey):

https://www.spiritbeautylounge.com/chocolate-sun/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks girls. I'm looking into paraben-free lotions or sprays. I do get some natural sun during the day while outside with DD but I definitely don't want to be out too long just sitting in it.  

Oh, and the thought of me throwing on a bikini and going outside for a bit makes me crack up. This body in a bikini at this moment = a scary picture lol. 

Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagejillianjigs7:

Thanks girls. I'm looking into paraben-free lotions or sprays. I do get some natural sun during the day while outside with DD but I definitely don't want to be out too long just sitting in it.  

I found one last year at Whole Foods that doesn't have parabens & has a good rating on the EWG cosmetics database - it's Nature's Gate Sunless tanning cream. My store only carries it in one color but it honestly isn't that dark. 

I was thinking of busting it out today - it's finally warm here & my legs are so pasty looking...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I saw Sally Hansen Leg make up on pinterest and read the reviews before trying. I actually really liked it. Easy to apply, doesn't rub off, looks natural. I'd recommend it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awesome, thanks girls. Once DD goes to bed tonight I'm going to look online to place an order :o)
  • My main thought for it is for right after delivery. When I had DD it was in the winter so I didn't care because I could have on a sweater or sweatshirt. But this time around, I'll be in a tank or sundress and don't want to look sickly pale! So I thought if I did a little before delivery on my arms and legs I'd feel good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"