August 2013 Moms
Options

'Helpful Guests' article

Saw this posted on another board and thought I'd share...just to put all of those non helpful guests into perspective.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/carolyn-hax-readers-share-unhelpful-newborn-advice/2013/04/29/8a22a360-a782-11e2-b029-8fb7e977ef71_story.html?hpid=z9

The comments at the bottom are pretty funny too!

ETA:  It's clicky!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 'Helpful Guests' article

• Options
    Omg what a nightmare!

• Options

imageamandarins:
    Omg what a nightmare!

Indeed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That first point sounds like I wrote it in reference to my ILs.  After DS was born my mom had to come over to help me WHILE my ILs were visiting.  They are the most unhelpful people I've ever met. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I will say this for my MIL, she may be overbearing and completely irritating but that Italian momma kicks in and I know she'll be all business when she's here, cooking, cleaning, etc.  Which is fine by me!

• Options

imagelkobriant:
    I will say this for my MIL, she may be overbearing and completely irritating but that Italian momma kicks in and I know she'll be all business when she's here, cooking, cleaning, etc.  Which is fine by me!

Yeah, I'm excited for my MIL to visit in October. She's actually from Italy, and she is a machine. I was once sick for 2 weeks with severe bronchitis/asthma, and she drove 1.5 hours to Rome (where we lived at the time) to clean our apartment and make sure that I was feeling okay. She cooked dinner and put some meals in the freezer. She had also already sent her brother (a doctor) over to our apartment to check on me a couple of times.  

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"