2nd Trimester
Options

Breast Pump Covered - Now what?

I just got super awesome news from my insurance company that a double electric breast pump is covered for each birth with a perscription from my Dr. from an in-network durable medical equipment supplier at 100%.

Ok, so other than that, the representative couldn't really tell me much else.  She did say that she believes it is an electric pump that is covered, but to check with the supplier to be sure.

So, when I call the durable medical equipment supplier, what should I ask?  Obviously, what type of pump is covered, but any other "perks" I should ask about?

I've heard from other mothers about getting accessories (breast pads, bottles, milk storage bags, nipple cream, etc.) covered.  Has this been others' experience?  If so, can someone give me a list of those things that I should specifically ask about?

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Breast Pump Covered - Now what?

• Options
    Can't help with what else to ask for (FTM) and will be interested in those responses myself, but I was told by insurance company to also give the DME place my insurance info, and they'd tell me what all is authorized (kind of pump, accessories, etc)
    Love: 08/04/2006
    Marriage: 10/02/2010
      Computer Hope
    Baby Carriage: 
    BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
    BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Buggy List blog
  • Options

I'm not sure what most companies cover,  but am planning to call soon.

I would ask which accessories are covered....specifically, battery pack, car charger, coolers, 2 or 3 sets of horns, 2 sets of tubing, 6 sets of membranes, and at least a dozen bottles.  Those supplies would get you through a year of pumping.

General breastfeeding or care items would be a nursing cover, nursing pillow, breast pads, lanolin cream, and soothies.  I don't think these are covered under the new legislation to be provided, but you might be able to purchase through flexible spending. 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My insurance covered 100% for double electric pump, 150 bags, & all the accessories for the pump.  They should tell you what all is covered, but just ask if anything is included with the pump if they only tell you the pump is covered.
  • Options
    oh wow I never even thought that something like that would be covered by insurance, I'll have to check my insurance company now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"