December 2012 Moms

Allergies or clogged tear ducts?

So, yesterday DD had one goopy eye all day.  She has had this before, so I figured it was just a clogged tear duct and no biggie.  But, this morning, the eye was almost crusted shut and now the other one is goopy too.  And, her nose is a little stuffy.

Spring is in full force here and my nose has been running for two days.  It is just allergies, so I am wondering if this is the case for DD too?  Can they even get pollen allergies this young?   

Re: Allergies or clogged tear ducts?

• We were at the doctor last Friday for a combo well baby/what-is-going-on-with-my-child visit.  He said that seasonal allergies are extremely rare in babies, and that more than likely it's a virus that she picked up somewhere (in our case, likely daycare).  Sadly, since he thought it was viral, there really wasn't anything that he could give her to help.  So, we're stuck with wiping her nose, using the suction bulb, vaporizer/humidifier in her room at night, etc. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Like above post says my dr also said its highly unusual for infants to have environmental allergies. He said it takes 3 seasons of the "allergen" to cause a problem.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, that is kind of what I thought.  The stuffy nose seems to be gone though, so who knows.  Maybe it is just a clogged tear duct.  
  • My LO has had some teary eyes the past 48 hours. I spoke to my sister, who is a ped and she echoed the above response. The very earliest she's seen true allergies has been 6 months, but that is rare. Looks like it was cold, as now I've got it! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • That sounds like it could be conjunctivitis to me. You may want to call your drs office to be on the safe side.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"