July 2012 Moms
Options

Canadians come in

Do you guys have any suggestions on some good online canadian based stores to buy baby gear? I'm traveling to Canada in June and I'm thinking of ordering a convertible carseat online and having it shipped to my parents.

That way I don't have to haul it on multiple planes. I know there's amazon.ca but they don't have near the selection that the American amazon site does. Any other good sites with fast shipping? Do you ever order from American sites and find you don't have to pay duty or wait forever for things to arrive? Basically I need the seat there in 3 weeks so my parents can get it installed in their car before my moms surgery. I'll probably order other items too.

Thanks!

Re: Canadians come in

• Options
    shop.ca comes to mind, but they're usually more expensive than Amazon. Where in Canada are you travelling? That might make a difference, since there are some local stores that only ship in the Toronto area, others only in the West, and others only in Quebec. There's Toys R Us.ca also.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    zyaszyas member
    I'm going to Victoria BC. I'll look into shop.ca
    Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When it came to buying baby gear I did places like Walmart.ca and toysrus.ca. I realize they are not local but for walmart the shipping was low or free and toys r us was reasonable about shipping. Most of the ordering I do from the states, I try to buy lots at once bc shipping prices can generally be the same if you're buying 1 item or 6.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I ordered some furniture from https://www.lussobaby.ca/.  They are based in Vancouver. 

You can also order from Toys R Us.  THey have a Canadian site and someone sent me a gift through them.

As for ordering from the States, I do it sometimes.  Usually with a large company (ie. Amazon.com), it doesn't cost much extra to deliver and doesn't take too long.  But on a large item like a carseat, they will probably charge you the taxes.  Sometimes with smaller items, they don't bother and some companies will cover the duty for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    I live in Vancouver, BC and I've ordered from the American amazon site before because you're right the Canadian version doesn't have as great a selection. Whenever I've ordered from amazon it's always arrived quickly and if you spend a certain amount shipping is usually free.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    catmtlcatmtl member
    I love Snugglebugz.ca. Shipping is free over $40 and very fast. Prices are reasonable as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"