February 2013 Moms

Sleep regression

Let me start by saying UGHHHH.

This was a typical night for DD for several weeks:

bed at 7:30, wake at 1:30 (get pacifier), wake at 4:30 to eat, wake at 6:30 for the day. Essentially it was only getting up once a night, but after a nice long stretch.

The last two nights this is a typical night:

bed at 830, wake at 1230 (get paci), wake at 1 (eat), wake at 2:30, 3, 4:30 (eat), 5:15, 6:30 and then get up for the day at 7.

WHAT GIVES?  We DID try not to swaddle her, but after she woke up the first time I swaddled her because watching her on the monitor she was smacking herself in the face repeatedly and obviously no one can sleep like that!  So she was swaddled from 12:30 on.

i'm pretty sure she had her 12 week growth spurt last week because she was sleeping and crying all the time.  She'll be 13 weeks tomorrow. 

Ideas on WHY this is happening or what I can do?  I feel like I've pulled two all nighters in a row.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Sleep regression

• No help here, but I could have written your post. Hang in there! Hopefully it is a growth spurt and will be over soon.

• Same thing going on here too. I am soooo tired! I tried to unswaddle also but it didn't work. She is up every hour to two hours. Hope it ends soon...LO is 12 weeks today!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~I have a baby in heaven 3-20-12~
  • Loading the player...
  • BBS!BBS! member
    I bet it gets better soon. I always feed whenever he wakes to avoid waking in an hour to feed when hes hungry. That might cut back on some of your wake up times.
  • imageBBS!:
    I bet it gets better soon. I always feed whenever he wakes to avoid waking in an hour to feed when hes hungry. That might cut back on some of your wake up times.

I do this also... he's up every 45-90 minutes since Thursday... it's been brutal.  Good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"