November 2012 Moms

Please let me vent a little...

I'm feeling bummed today. For several reasons. First, commuting is really starting to take it's toll on me. I feel like its consuming my life and I don't have time for anything else other than driving and work. It's so frustrating. Because of this, i have to get up super early to get ready for work. And wouldn't you know, the baby always seems to get up when I do...So I have to feed him and change him. This takes up a lot of time in the morning. Today, I didn't even get to finish my hair, so I had to pull it up and walk out the door.

All I wanted was some help this morning from DH. I asked him several times if he could get up and help me with the baby so I could get ready for work. He was just snoring away. I ended up snapping at him. We got into a fight and left on bad terms this morning. He was so mad that he left for work and took the baby to daycare and I didn't even get to kiss the baby goodbye. I cried the whole way to work.

So, I'm just feeling crappy today. It's like a battle each morning trying to find something to wear because alot of my clothes still don't fit right. So, i rotate between the same stuff. All I wanted to do was put a little makeup on and do my hair to make myself feel a little better...Sorry my thoughts are all scattered.

To top it off...today is our wedding anniversay...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

Re: Please let me vent a little...

• I'm sorry your day got off to such a rough start. Hoping things start getting better for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Big hugs! Sounds like a lot and even more so when it all happens in the morning. And then having to drive fo let it stir in your head, doesnt help! Also, I know how some makeup and doing your hair can make you feel a gazillion times better. Hope your day starts to look up.
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope the rest of your day gets better!

And hopefully the wedding anniversary will end on a better note!

I know it has taken me up until just a week or so ago to find a routine that works for me at night and in the morning so I don't have to feel like I'm going to work looking like a Sloppy Molly. I finally feel like I'm making the most of my time and able to still look semi-fabulous when I get to work. I miss those days of wearing all my cute jewelry, hair down, and enough time to put more than just foundation and mascara on. But I keep telling myself... THIS is ONLY temporary! So I'm okay with it for now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Awww, boo.  I'm so sorry!

I never really minded my 45 min to 1 hour commute before F was born.  Now I resent every single flipping second.  This may eb the only thing that will eventually motivate us to move closer into the city.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Sad I'm sorry. I feel the same way about my mornings. DH gets up to take care of A while I get ready, only he will wake up late, and take his time getting A ready. Yeah, I asked him to get up so I WONT be late to work. I'm still late to work....

)))HUGS((( I hope your day gets better. Especially with it being your anniversary! In the meantime, here is a cute GIF to help you feel better:

• MaebbMaebb member
    Sorry you had a rough morning. It's up and down with my DH too, mostly regarding both of us feeling like the orher person is pulling their equal weight and feeling valued, respected, and appreciated. My commute takes about an hour and 15 minutes each way with dropping LO off at daycare, and it sucks. I can totally relate to the morning stuff too. I just typed up a long response but then tried to make it shorter. The main thing I wanted to say is I know how you feel, sorry you had a bad morning, and hopefully your DH will realize what a jerk he was and surprise you with his sweetness tonight to make your anniversary a little better.
  • It's so hard. In the old days most people were able to work close to where they lived . Now not so much. Dh and I stayed in a small hole of an apt to save for a house . But the only decent school district was unaffordable and I wasn't willing to drive 45 min to a nice town with affordable housing . So we just moved to a brand new apt building in a town that's not horrible but I would not send my daughter to the schools. And our rent is what a mortgage payment would be!!! Ah who knows.i hope you two can enjoy your special day. It seems like everything falls on us moms sometimes .
  • imageredwood807:

imagedanak4:
    I'm sorry your day got off to such a rough start. Hoping things start getting better for you!

This, Sorry

Just stare at Margaret here in Danak's siggy. That would cheer anyone up. Wink

True story!

• Sorry you are having such a lousy day. And especially on your anniversary! I agree with PP though. Can you shower and get everything ready at night? That's what I do. It makes me feel much more at ease before I go to bed each night to know that things are ready to go when I get up. And even if it only saves 10 minutes, that's extra sleep time!
    GL with talking to your H. Let us know how it goes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks ladies! I appreciate your kind words. I usually do shower before bed. But I have to get up to do it in the morning, cause after i sleep on it...it's a total mess. I have a ton of hair so it does take me some time.

DH did text me to apologize. I think we are going to dinner tonight. I'm sure things will get better as the day goes on.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• glad he apologized....everyone is on edge when they're tired!  Happy Anny...maybe you can talk to him tonight when you're celebrating :)
  • I hope your day is getting better!

Happy Anniversary!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"