Pregnant after a Loss

~*~*~*~*~Tuesday Ticker Change~*~*~*~*~

Happy Tuesday ladies!!

I hope you are all doing very well! Please feel free to join us for our Tuesday Ticker Change, just give us a brief intro!

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you?

How are you feeling?

What are you craving/avoiding?

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request?

Any upcoming appointments or milestones?

I am going to start asking now just because I am sure I won't get any takers right away but, now or in the future I would love it if one of my wonderful ladies could take over the check in.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious?

What is your dream job?

What is your ring tone?

What music do you hate?

What did you do during your childhood summers?

What is your favorite day of the week?

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)?

Knowledge Request: (I decided to add this in so we have a fun brainless GTKY and then a chance to ask questions we really wanna know the answers to)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Ladies (for those who haven?t already) if you could please provide your EDD and any info you?d like us to know, I would like to have a list of all our ladies!!

Our lovely Tuesday ticker change ladies!!

MrsErinH ~ EDD is 7/9/13, I'm Team Pink and our little girl's name is Leah Nicole!

Bethelgal ~ EDD is October 15.

Egsquared ~ EDD is 10/15/13, but if we continue with triplets, we know we won't make it til October.

Mdharrison ~ Tentatively Nov 5th until my dating u/s!

Dandywarhol ~ EDD of 9/25.

Minicheezburg ~ EDD June 25th, Team pink and her name is Dalaney Marie!!

ConnieRob ~ EDD 06/04/13 Team blue and tentatively named William Daryll

MeganS313 ~ EDD is July 30th and we are Team Blue!

GaiaEarthMom ~ My due date is May 27th, and we're Team Green

HoolahZinger ~ We are team blue, expecting little Todd Matthew May 28th!

Alb245 ~ EDD is 7/16 and we're having a BOY! Name TBD hopefully on or before 7/16!

Homcrn ~ EDD october 15 Team find out

Svenny1011 ~ EDD is 11/12/13

csspencer ~ due 9/17

Mystererae ~ EDD 7/9

Beccabby ~

Stinkerbell78 ~

Sunshine6888 ~ EDD is 12/17/13

Cntgstrs ~ EDD is October 22nd

MeganS313 ~ I am so sorry you are still dealing with the swelling, I hope your BP stays down. How was the appointment?

Mystererae ~ OMG I feel HUGE! When is your shower?? Mine is the 11th and I am nervous and excited. Swamp a$$ lol!

HoolahZinger ~ How was your chiro appointment? I have found out that my pain is from SPD which there is nothing we can do for so woohoo lol, I hope your pain is still tolerable! I hope he flips for you!

Dandywarhol ~ Maybe your OB is bipolar lol, weird! I am so excited to be having a girl, you will love it! Glad to hear you had a great appointment and GL at your a/s! A ton of T&P's with your loss milestones approaching, I know it is tough but, remember this is not that pregnancy. Hugs!

Sunshine6888 ~ Feel free to stay here even if they change your due date, I hope you had a fantastic appointment yesterday!

Homcrn ~ Yay for no more bed rest! I am sending prayers for you honey. So happy you are feeling something from LO, I was 16 weeks before I felt a kick and then not again for like a week.

Mdharrison,  ~ Almost second tri!! I was so excited to read about your NT scan! Congrats!!

Stinkerbell78 ~ Sounds like you are starting to feel the affects of second tri early! I started feeling them around 11 weeks. I have been drinking water like it is going out of style. Did you get your doppler yet?? GL at your appointment!

Bethelgal ~ First I want to make sure I have welcomed you to the second tri! I ate a lot around that time! I love my doppler, it has kept my crazy at bay lol. I don't ever use it now but, it is nice to have in case I get worried. More T&P's to help with your decision on whether to move or not.

Beccabby ~ Pardon my horrid memory just wanted to make sure I sent out a YAY for second tri for you! Yay for energy! OMG I have been having nightmares too, they are terrible, I hope they leave you alone soon, I am having insomnia problems mixed with extreme fatigue! How does that even happen lol. How was your appointment?

Cntgstrs ~ Welcome honey and congrats!! Also welcome to second tri! I have been craving tacos so much!

Previous messages?

GaiaEarthMom ~ 35 weeks!!! Getting close, I am thinking about labor a lot and you have a few weeks on me! I am hoping to get some cute books at my shower since we made a book request. I only have one book I can read to her right now. How was your appointment?

csspencer ~ Welcome honey, I will make sure you don't get passed by! How was the elective u/s??

Svenny1011 ~ Congrats and welcome! Stretchy cramps is a great sign! Passing your loss milestones is so huge! Congrats!! GL on Thursday!

Egsquared ~ Have you tried eating something even crackers every couple hours? I felt like that til I figured out an eating plan. I needed to have something in my belly every 2 hours to keep away that feeling. How was your appointment??

Alb245 ~ You are getting pretty close to double digits aren't you?? Did you figure out what was causing the stomach issues? When is the GTT? GL and FX! Thank you for the early birthday wishes and unfortunately we canceled our trip. Details in my post.

MrsErinH ~ Happy 3rd trimester!!!!! How weird is it that time is flying like this??

ConnieRob ~ YAY you remembered!!!! It always drives me batty when Dalaney is really still. It is very unlike her and my OB always acts like I am crazy. Umm hello I know my daughter. Yay for weekly appointments!!! One step closer!

Me(26)DH(33)
TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."

Re: ~*~*~*~*~Tuesday Ticker Change~*~*~*~*~

• How far along? What fruit/veggie are you?

32 weeks! Apparently a squash even though she feels more like a tornado lol.

How are you feeling?

Today I feel pretty good, I slept well and my pelvic pain has subsided for the time being.

What are you craving/avoiding?

No cravings and not avoiding anything

Well as it turns out the pain I am having is called SPD, Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. My biggest fear is how it will affect delivery because it can cause issues. I ordered the last piece of furniture for Dalaney's room last night! I would like to request some T&P's for my dear friend Maddie, I want her to get excellent news.

Next appointment is not til the 15th unless I can get a second opinion appointment sooner, I feel like my OB is brushing me off and I want to make sure they are taking my concerns seriously.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? I am all kinds of superstitious lol

What is your dream job?
    SAHM

What is your ring tone?
    Better dig two

What music do you hate?
    Gospel

Go to the beach, camping, just have fun!

Saturday

Umm a few days ago

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

• imagesunshine6888:

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? more nausea..but I am officially excited now! My appointment yesterday went great! Baby caught up his/her growth by 4 days and we had a heart beat of 120!

Any upcoming appointments or milestones? I have another appt next Wednesday for what is supposed to be the first prenatal checkup..hehe..but I've already had three..

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? I'm usually not..

What is your dream job? Stay at home mommy :)

What is your ring tone? I have a variety..for my DH it is Collide by Howie Day

What music do you hate? uhh..I dont like most rap..

What did you do during your childhood summers? always went to the beach and to pittsburgh to visit relatives..and usually went to a water park right before school started again

What is your favorite day of the week? FRIDAY!

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? uhh..probably unintentionally when it died

I am so happy to hear you had a great appointment!! Congrats! Do you live in Pennsylvania? I am in Central PA.

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• Loading the player...
  • Hey ladies! I hope you don't mind me hanging out here for a while. According to what I'm assuming is my O date (I only used OPKs this cycle) I'm a Tuesday ticker change, but going by my most recent u/s at 5 weeks it would be Thursday. So I'm just going by my O date until I get out of EDD limbo.

A little background, I had my first pregnancy and subsequent loss in a previous relationship from 8/10/11-10/17/11 (BFP on 9/16/11). Shortly after that we broke up and I met my incredible husband. We got engaged on 6/14/12 and had a super short engagement, because I was in love with one specific date, long story short we pulled it off and were married on 10/11/12! This is my second pregnancy. I got my BFP on 4/8/13.         

-->

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 7 weeks, blueberry

How are you feeling? Honestly, great! I've been having some nausea off and on since about 5 weeks.  I've also been peeing every 5 minutes. Though, I think the worst part for me is the PGAL brain which seems to be at bay so far today. I'm not especially excited or hopeful. Just less worried, which is a great thing.

What are you craving/avoiding? Not too many cravings so far, except last night. I desperately wanted pasta, and because DH is amazing, we went and got some. And yesterday. I need a creepe (weird, I know) and good ol' DH brought me to iHOP.

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? I'm actually happy to report that there's not much really going on. I'm feeling very at peace today.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones? I have my next u/s on Friday. My last one was at 5w3d (measuring 5w1d) so there wasn't really much to see. Just a gestational sac and a yolk sac. I'm hoping for a nice strong heartbeat this time.

I am going to start asking now just because I am sure I won't get any takers right away but, now or in the future I would love it if one of my wonderful ladies could take over the check in.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? After my loss, I just kept telling myself that it was because I wasn't meant to be with my ex, I was finacially unstable, not in a good place mentally, ect. And what started out as a coping mechanism has become a full on superstition. I now have to make sure that everything is perfect in my life (although just having DH around is enough to make everything perfect) or I'm terrified that I will lose this baby too. Gotta love PGAL brain...

What is your dream job? When I was a bit younger, I really wanted to be a forensic psychologist. It was always sort of unrealistic for me though, because there's not a whole lot of crime (as far as murders go) in my area (not complaining, I promise!)

What is your ring tone? The ringtone that came stock with my phone. I tend to not change things much when I get new phones. I still had the protective plastic on it for like a month until it started to fall off.

What music do you hate? Rap. And most country (sorry ladies!) Rap because I don't like the way it sounds or the message in most rap songs, and country because I haven't found many country songs I can relate to. Just my opinion.

What did you do during your childhood summers? There was the camp I started going to when I was 6. You would get dropped off on Sunday night and picked up friday afternoon to spend the weekend with your parents. I LOVED it. You signed up on a week by week basis, and I was always there for all of the 8 weeks.

What is your favorite day of the week? Right now, Sunday. DH owns a garage, so he works pretty steady from Monday to Friday, and he's usually there on Saturdays finishing something up. So Sundays are the days I get to spend the most time with him.

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? Oh gosh, I can't even remember. Probably the last time I didn't have service, just to see if the phone was lying Stick out tongue

Knowledge Request: (I decided to add this in so we have a fun brainless GTKY and then a chance to ask questions we really wanna know the answers to)

I love this idea! I guess my big question right now is, what exactly can you see on a 7 week u/s? I know you should see a gestational sac, fetal pole, hb, ect. But what does the baby actually look like? I found some pictures, but they weren't great ones, so I was wondering if anyone could describe it  to me. Or any other fun things that happen at a 7 week u/s.

ETA: half of it was bolded and I had to fix it.

Suprise BFP: 8/17/11 (previous relationship)
    Natural m/c: 10/17/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Me (Katie)
    DX:PCOS
    DH (Adam
    Married 10/11/12
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since 3/12
  • How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 16 weeks - avocado!

How are you feeling?  Pretty good.  Some RLP going on, but I'm so happy to not feel sick all the time.

What are you craving/avoiding? nothing right now.

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? My SCH bleeding has stopped for the past few days, so knock on wood that is done.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones?  I have a u/s in a couple hours to check on the SCH. Hoping it's smaller and hoping to see that heartbeat going strong.  A little nervous.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious?  I carry a St. Gerard medallion and a funeral card from my dad's funeral in my purse at all times.  Makes me feel like they are watching over me. :)

What is your dream job? 
    I'd love to work for a florist, but just part-time while the kids are in school.

What is your ring tone?
    standard ring.

What music do you hate?
    I HATE that Gangnam style song!  Makes me crazy.

My mom stayed home, so I played outside with all the other kids on our block, took swimming lessons and went to the pool almost every day.

Sunday.  It's our family day.

Actually, just yesterday.  It was acting weird (keyboard wouldn't show up), so I tried turning it off and back on - seems to have helped a little.

TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagexconf143usionx:

Hey ladies! I hope you don't mind me hanging out here for a while. According to what I'm assuming is my O date (I only used OPKs this cycle) I'm a Tuesday ticker change, but going by my most recent u/s at 5 weeks it would be Thursday. So I'm just going by my O date until I get out of EDD limbo.

A little background, I had my first pregnancy and subsequent loss in a previous relationship from 8/10/11-10/17/11 (BFP on 9/16/11). Shortly after that we broke up and I met my incredible husband. We got engaged on 6/14/12 and had a super short engagement, because I was in love with one specific date, long story short we pulled it off and were married on 10/11/12! This is my second pregnancy. I got my BFP on 4/8/13.         

-->

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 7 weeks, blueberry

How are you feeling? Honestly, great! I've been having some nausea off and on since about 5 weeks.  I've also been peeing every 5 minutes. Though, I think the worst part for me is the PGAL brain which seems to be at bay so far today. I'm not especially excited or hopeful. Just less worried, which is a great thing.

What are you craving/avoiding? Not too many cravings so far, except last night. I desperately wanted pasta, and because DH is amazing, we went and got some. And yesterday. I need a creepe (weird, I know) and good ol' DH brought me to iHOP.

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? I'm actually happy to report that there's not much really going on. I'm feeling very at peace today.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones? I have my next u/s on Friday. My last one was at 5w3d (measuring 5w1d) so there wasn't really much to see. Just a gestational sac and a yolk sac. I'm hoping for a nice strong heartbeat this time.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? After my loss, I just kept telling myself that it was because I wasn't meant to be with my ex, I was finacially unstable, not in a good place mentally, ect. And what started out as a coping mechanism has become a full on superstition. I now have to make sure that everything is perfect in my life (although just having DH around is enough to make everything perfect) or I'm terrified that I will lose this baby too. Gotta love PGAL brain...

What is your dream job? When I was a bit younger, I really wanted to be a forensic psychologist. It was always sort of unrealistic for me though, because there's not a whole lot of crime (as far as murders go) in my area (not complaining, I promise!)

What is your ring tone? The ringtone that came stock with my phone. I tend to not change things much when I get new phones. I still had the protective plastic on it for like a month until it started to fall off.

What music do you hate? Rap. And most country (sorry ladies!) Rap because I don't like the way it sounds or the message in most rap songs, and country because I haven't found many country songs I can relate to. Just my opinion.

What did you do during your childhood summers? There was the camp I started going to when I was 6. You would get dropped off on Sunday night and picked up friday afternoon to spend the weekend with your parents. I LOVED it. You signed up on a week by week basis, and I was always there for all of the 8 weeks.

What is your favorite day of the week? Right now, Sunday. DH owns a garage, so he works pretty steady from Monday to Friday, and he's usually there on Saturdays finishing something up. So Sundays are the days I get to spend the most time with him.

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? Oh gosh, I can't even remember. Probably the last time I didn't have service, just to see if the phone was lying Stick out tongue

I love this idea! I guess my big question right now is, what exactly can you see on a 7 week u/s? I know you should see a gestational sac, fetal pole, hb, ect. But what does the baby actually look like? I found some pictures, but they weren't great ones, so I was wondering if anyone could describe it  to me. Or any other fun things that happen at a 7 week u/s.

ETA: half of it was bolded and I had to fix it.

We are glad to have you even if you do end up changing, I know once you get comfy it is hard to move. Welcome and Congrats!

I was one who did not really have symptoms, just remember that is normal!!

GL Friday!! I had one at 6w3d and we had a blob with a great HB!

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• imageegsquared:

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? My SCH bleeding has stopped for the past few days, so knock on wood that is done.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones?  I have a u/s in a couple hours to check on the SCH. Hoping it's smaller and hoping to see that heartbeat going strong.  A little nervous.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious?  I carry a St. Gerard medallion and a funeral card from my dad's funeral in my purse at all times.  Makes me feel like they are watching over me. :)

What is your dream job? 
    I'd love to work for a florist, but just part-time while the kids are in school.

What is your ring tone?
    standard ring.

What music do you hate?
    I HATE that Gangnam style song!  Makes me crazy.

My mom stayed home, so I played outside with all the other kids on our block, took swimming lessons and went to the pool almost every day.

Sunday.  It's our family day.

Actually, just yesterday.  It was acting weird (keyboard wouldn't show up), so I tried turning it off and back on - seems to have helped a little.

Yay for no more bleeding! GL at the u/s! 

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 13 weeks! A cute little peach!

How are you feeling? Okay. I'm having some struggles with pgal brain, because my appointment is today and I'm always worried that they will find something wrong. Also, I got my doppler last week but I can't find baby's heartbeat...I think maybe because I'm extra fluffy. I'm trying to stay optimistic!

What are you craving/avoiding? Water water water!

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? I just want a fun appointment with a healthy little baby, and then I hope to relax into the second trimester!

Any upcoming appointments or milestones? I get to see baby in 9 hours! 2nd tri in 3 days!

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? If I feel like I need to call somebody, I do it. I do not wait around and see what happens, lol.

What is your dream job? Reading at storytime in the library. Do they even do that anymore?

What is your ring tone? 'old phone' I think it's classic, lol

What music do you hate? R&B, hardcore rap, death metal. I like just about everything else though!

What did you do during your childhood summers? We went camping, swimming in the river, road trips to see family in the midwest, and so many great, fun things. sigh.

What is your favorite day of the week? Sunday funday!

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? well...last thursday it died while I was at work and I didn't have a charger. does that count? ;)

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerx
  • Good morning! I missed last week's check in. Welcome xconf133! Mini, my Belly Monster feels like a tornado, too! :P

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you?   36 weeks, a honeydew

How are you feeling?   getting up several times a night, so kinda sleepy, but it's okay. Feeling a little emotional today (see T&P question below)

What are you craving/avoiding?   I have been "inhaling" York peppermint patties!

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request?   Today and tomorrow is my loss anniversary. I found out today a year ago that there was no baby growing, and had surgery the next day. So I'm in a sensitive mood and just trying to be gentle with myself. There are lots of reasons to be thankful though!

Any upcoming appointments or milestones?   Full term next week! Dr. appointment today where she'd going to try to feel the position and see if Baby is head down. DH is hoping she won't be able to tell, so we can have one more ultrasound...

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious?  I don't like to walk under ladders.

What is your dream job?  
    I've been trying to figure that out for many years. I used to say that my ultimate dream job would be a musician in the orchestra for Disney.

What is your ring tone?  
    a blues-y sounding one for my ring and a ukulele one for my alarm.

What music do you hate?  
    Most punk, heavy metal, etc. where it's screaming instead of singing.

The summers that my family lived overseas, we traveled back to the States for the summer and visited family. The summers that we we lived in New England I remember a lot of reading, and going to my family's cottage in New Hampshire.

For some reason I've always liked Thursday.

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)  
    This weekend, so nobody would call and wake me up!

Married to the love of my life for 3 years :)
    First pregnancy - blighted ovum, miscarriage at 10 weeks, Apr./May 2012
    Second BFP 9/19/12 - Hoping for our Rainbow Baby! :)

imageimage image
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagestinkerbell78:

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 13 weeks! A cute little peach!

How are you feeling? Okay. I'm having some struggles with pgal brain, because my appointment is today and I'm always worried that they will find something wrong. Also, I got my doppler last week but I can't find baby's heartbeat...I think maybe because I'm extra fluffy. I'm trying to stay optimistic!

What are you craving/avoiding? Water water water!

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? I just want a fun appointment with a healthy little baby, and then I hope to relax into the second trimester!

Any upcoming appointments or milestones? I get to see baby in 9 hours! 2nd tri in 3 days!

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? If I feel like I need to call somebody, I do it. I do not wait around and see what happens, lol.

What is your dream job? Reading at storytime in the library. Do they even do that anymore?

What is your ring tone? 'old phone' I think it's classic, lol

What music do you hate? R&B, hardcore rap, death metal. I like just about everything else though!

What did you do during your childhood summers? We went camping, swimming in the river, road trips to see family in the midwest, and so many great, fun things. sigh.

What is your favorite day of the week? Sunday funday!

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? well...last thursday it died while I was at work and I didn't have a charger. does that count? ;)

I am always wondering what second tri is so here in my check in we will call 13 weeks second tri! Welcome to second tri my love! It took me a while to get the heartbeat, I don't think I was pushing hard enough. PGAL brain sucks!  

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• imagemystererae:

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 30 weeks pregnant = cucumber?

How are you feeling? Okay! Just huge, full, gassy.

What are you craving/avoiding? I'm not craving it necessarily but I am eating a lot of peanut butter. At least a couple tablespoons a day. I find it convenient and a great break from meat. I'm also eating ice cream every couple days which isn't unusual for me when it's hot despite my best attempts to go Paleo. Ice cream is the one habit I find very hard to kick. I need to freeze a bunch of bananas and go back to chocolate-banana almond milk shakes.

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? Nothing to report so far, we're okay.

Any upcoming appointments or milestones? A regular appt on the 16th.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? I am aware of superstitions but don't set much stock by them. Most of them.

What is your dream job? What I do now - teaching martial arts/operating a martial arts school - but in my dream job version of it, the school is twice as profitable so we can afford another set of full-time hands. Right now we employ all part-timers so their reliability is poor.

What is your ring tone? Normal. I'm boring zz.

What music do you hate? Nothing really... maybe dubstep if it's on for more than a few minutes.

What did you do during your childhood summers? Summer camp and it was awesome! Day camp, not the sleepaway kind. Honestly, for the most part I can live without luxuries but this is one expensive pursuit I am determined to be able to afford for my daughter, and one of only two things I could imagine asking my parents for money for. (The other is private school tuition if she turns out to be gifted. But the plan is to ask them for neither. I have 6 years to figure this out!) 

What is your favorite day of the week? I don't work a traditional schedule, so no day sticks out. Sometimes I like Monday if I feel like working and sometimes I like Sunday if I feel like lounging.

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? I turn it off at night because I despise getting woken up by texts.

Mystererae ~ OMG I feel HUGE! When is your shower?? Mine is the 11th and I am nervous and excited. Swamp a$$ lol! --- Mine's on the 5th! I'm super excited too. Took my dress to be altered yesterday. Tomorrow I'm heading to the mall to look for some more decorative flip-flops and earrings, plus make an appointment with the makeup counter and maybe to get my hair blown out too. I decided not to splurge on maternity photos so I really want to get my look right. Watch me get it right and no one take any photos.

30 weeks!! I call this a milestone! That means you are 75% DONE! I have a weird rumbling in my belly today but not really gassy or hungry. WTF is that?? Maybe DH is right we are have a velociraptor!  

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• How far along? What fruit/veggie are you?  27 weeks-HELLO 3rd Tri!!!  Baby is a cucumber I think?

How are you feeling?  Ehh, ok.  In general I'm doing fine.  Still swelling and contracting more than we'd like but it's my reality.  BP is still good.  My hips and lower back are KILLING me!  This baby is VERY low making lots of things difficult. 

What are you craving/avoiding? Craving fruit, sugar, and organization :)  Avoiding sleep (not on purpose boo) and red sauce (holy heartburn, batman!)

BP is GOOD!  It was 120/68 last week so holding steady!  I was already on bedrest at this point with my DS so I'm doing much better this time around.  Prayers for my SIL and Brother.  I've shared about their little ones issues some (heart defect, cleft lip/palate) and they recently got hit with more bad news.  Their little boy has a double renal system.  It isn't life threatening but could mean lots of UTI's and hospital stays etc....and it means another surgery :(  The surgery can't happen until he is 1 year old, but still disappointing to anticipate another surgery for their still inside baby.

My miscarriage anniversary was this past week....it actually flew by without me really noticing it to much as I was home with my DS. 
    I am now going to the Dr every 2 weeks (seriously time is FLYING by) so I'll go next week.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? I follow rituals for big events...I did have some lucky underwear in college I wore for my finals :)

What is your dream job? My current job is pretty ideal, just wish it had better hours...however its unrealistic as a hospital never closes :(  I wish I had more pediatric patients than I currently do.

What is your ring tone? Guitar Strum

What music do you hate? None really....least favorite is latin?

What did you do during your childhood summers? Sports camps, rode bikes, swam, played outside, usually a beach vacation with my family for a week

What is your favorite day of the week? Saturday!  Although tuesday for this pregnancy :)

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? Just the other day....it was acting funny and I wanted to reset it

MeganS313 ~ I am so sorry you are still dealing with the swelling, I hope your BP stays down. How was the appointment?

It was good!  BP was 120/68 so holding steady...also no protein spilling over yet.  MY OB didn't want to do a growth u/s which was disappointing.  However, she had a point in saying that there wasn't much we could do about it.  We did discuss a plan for this delivery though which made me feel better.  This time we will avoid any kind of interventions (vacuum etc) if baby doesn't come down on his own.  We may discuss a vacuum if he's literally right there and struggling to pop out.  I do NOT want a c-section but also want my baby to be healthy and ok. 

imageimage

image image image 

My Beautiful Boys! 

imageimageimage

PgAL/PAL welcome, always!
  • imageGaiaEarthMom12:

Good morning! I missed last week's check in. Welcome xconf133! Mini, my Belly Monster feels like a tornado, too! :P

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you?   36 weeks, a honeydew

How are you feeling?   getting up several times a night, so kinda sleepy, but it's okay. Feeling a little emotional today (see T&P question below)

What are you craving/avoiding?   I have been "inhaling" York peppermint patties!

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request?   Today and tomorrow is my loss anniversary. I found out today a year ago that there was no baby growing, and had surgery the next day. So I'm in a sensitive mood and just trying to be gentle with myself. There are lots of reasons to be thankful though!

Any upcoming appointments or milestones?   Full term next week! Dr. appointment today where she'd going to try to feel the position and see if Baby is head down. DH is hoping she won't be able to tell, so we can have one more ultrasound...

I have started calling Dalaney a parasite! She steals my energy and my brain power. I have a video or her twirling around in there! I wish I knew how to share it!

I can't believe you are so close! I am sending a ton of T&P's to you for your loss anniversary. It is something no one should have to go through. HUGS.

I LOVE York peppermint patties! GL today and hopefully you can get that u/s! 

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• imageMeganS313:

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you?  27 weeks-HELLO 3rd Tri!!!  Baby is a cucumber I think?

How are you feeling?  Ehh, ok.  In general I'm doing fine.  Still swelling and contracting more than we'd like but it's my reality.  BP is still good.  My hips and lower back are KILLING me!  This baby is VERY low making lots of things difficult. 

What are you craving/avoiding? Craving fruit, sugar, and organization :)  Avoiding sleep (not on purpose boo) and red sauce (holy heartburn, batman!)

BP is GOOD!  It was 120/68 last week so holding steady!  I was already on bedrest at this point with my DS so I'm doing much better this time around.  Prayers for my SIL and Brother.  I've shared about their little ones issues some (heart defect, cleft lip/palate) and they recently got hit with more bad news.  Their little boy has a double renal system.  It isn't life threatening but could mean lots of UTI's and hospital stays etc....and it means another surgery :(  The surgery can't happen until he is 1 year old, but still disappointing to anticipate another surgery for their still inside baby.

My miscarriage anniversary was this past week....it actually flew by without me really noticing it to much as I was home with my DS. 
    I am now going to the Dr every 2 weeks (seriously time is FLYING by) so I'll go next week.

It was good!  BP was 120/68 so holding steady...also no protein spilling over yet.  MY OB didn't want to do a growth u/s which was disappointing.  However, she had a point in saying that there wasn't much we could do about it.  We did discuss a plan for this delivery though which made me feel better.  This time we will avoid any kind of interventions (vacuum etc) if baby doesn't come down on his own.  We may discuss a vacuum if he's literally right there and struggling to pop out.  I do NOT want a c-section but also want my baby to be healthy and ok. 

Happy third tri!!! Sorry I missed that. I know all too well about those low babies making things difficult! Your BP is great! That is right about what mine is every time!  So many prayers for your brother and SIL. I am happy your loss anni came and went and caused you no discord. I would feel better if my OB had discussed anything with me. I am now looking into a second opinion because I feel like she is just skating by and brushing off my concerns with the SPD.

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• Hi!  I would love to be added.  I am Julie and I am 36.  We lost our first baby in January, and I am really excited to be pregnant again so quickly! My EDD is 12/24/13How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 6 weeks!  And sweet pea, I think!How are you feeling? Tired.  Sore boobs.  No morning sickness.  Hallelujah.What are you craving/avoiding? Just avoiding caffeine and artificial sweeteners.  No real cravings yet.Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? I am just hoping this first trimester flies by!Any upcoming appointments or milestones? First appt with ultrasound coming up this next Monday.  Can't wait to see and hear our little one's heartbeat.GTKY QOTW:In what way are you superstitious? "I am not superstitious.  I'm just a little stitious"- Michael Scott, The Office   :)  

What is your dream job? Being a touring singer/songwriter OR teaching in Africa.

What is your ring tone? Sweet Home Alabama

What music do you hate? Rap and 70's.  I hate 70's music so much.

What did you do during your childhood summers? Lots of trampoline jumping.

What is your favorite day of the week? Sunday!

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? Oh wow... probably been a while.  :)
    photo fb29a895-732c-493b-b5f1-15ac16bff5b5_zps53c7f13d.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  •  How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 36 weeks, I have a little honeydew!How are you feeling? Pretty miserable but I know the end is near so I'm chuggin' along!What are you craving/avoiding? Craving an ice chai tea from Starbucks. Hopefully only a month away from being able to indulge in one. Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? Please pray that Todd flips from breech position. I am having a very hard time accepting a c-section because I want to hold my rainbow right when he is born :(Any upcoming appointments or milestones? My doc wanted to skip a checkup this week so "we could give LO more time to flip and not stress." Gee doc, I am still stressing every waking moment so I don't think your brilliant plan is working. sigh.GTKY QOTW:In what way are you superstitious? Sometimes I feel like certain clothes I've worn in a horrible situation are duped. Still, I guess I am not super superstitious because I still wear them. 

What is your dream job? To travel with family and blog about my travel experiences. Rate hotels, resorts, restaurants...ooo, wouldn't that be the life?!

What is your ring tone? Vibrate, lol

What music do you hate? Ska

What did you do during your childhood summers? I remember playing a lot of tag and cops and robbers in the sunset hours with neighborhood kids. Good times

What is your favorite day of the week? Friday. DH is off that day so it's like our Saturday. Since he's a pastor, even his days off fill up but it seems like Fridays, more than Saturdays still stay sort of free. So yea, I live for Fridays. 

When was the last time you turned your mobile phone off (not just on silent)? Just yesterday...but only for a couple minutes. I was told by Apple to power down once or twice a week to help reboot things. 
    HoolahZinger ~ The chiro appointments are going ok, I think. They are mostly to help with LO flipping out of breech position (FX) but I have noticed that the extreme sciatic pain is lessening! Lower back pain is fairly constant but I think that's just due to getting bigger and carrying around LO. Luckily the end is in sight!  Oh no, I am so sorry about the rough diagnosis for your back pain though. ((HUGS))Happy Tuesday ladies! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJulieturner507:

Hi!  I would love to be added.  I am Julie and I am 36.  We lost our first baby in January, and I am really excited to be pregnant again so quickly! My EDD is 12/24/13

Any upcoming appointments or milestones? First appt with ultrasound coming up this next Monday.  Can't wait to see and hear our little one's heartbeat.

Welcome honey! I hope 1st tri flies for you! GL at your u/s and feel free to stick around even if they change your EDD. 

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• imageHoolahZinger:

How are you feeling? Pretty miserable but I know the end is near so I'm chuggin' along!

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? Please pray that Todd flips from breech position. I am having a very hard time accepting a c-section because I want to hold my rainbow right when he is born :(Any upcoming appointments or milestones? My doc wanted to skip a checkup this week so "we could give LO more time to flip and not stress." Gee doc, I am still stressing every waking moment so I don't think your brilliant plan is working. sigh.HoolahZinger ~ The chiro appointments are going ok, I think. They are mostly to help with LO flipping out of breech position (FX) but I have noticed that the extreme sciatic pain is lessening! Lower back pain is fairly constant but I think that's just due to getting bigger and carrying around LO. Luckily the end is in sight!  Oh no, I am so sorry about the rough diagnosis for your back pain though. ((HUGS))

Almost full term!! I am still praying Todd flips sweets! YAY for less pain!! WIN!  

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• Cntgstrs ~ Welcome honey and congrats!! Also welcome to second tri! I have been craving tacos so much!

Thanks!

How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 15 weeks, Navel Orange

How are you feeling? I'm actually feeling pretty good. I've had a few days where I'm still so tired but it hasn't been to bad.

What are you craving/avoiding? It seems to be that I'm craving salty things. There really isn't anything that I'm avoiding at this point.

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? I have been having some RLP. I'm seriously waiting for when I pop. Right now I just look like I've started gaining weight back that I lost last year (which according to the scale I haven't).

Any upcoming appointments or milestones?  My next appointment isn't until May 22nd (feels so long from now!!)

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? I'm not really superstitious at all.

What is your dream job?
    To be a stay at home mom or a surgical tech.

What is your ring tone?
    "when this storm ends" by Snow Patrol

What music do you hate?
    I don't necessarily hate it but I really don't like country music.

I usually went to a soccer camp.

Saturday

I turned it off for a little while today actually.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagecntgstrs:

What are you craving/avoiding? It seems to be that I'm craving salty things. There really isn't anything that I'm avoiding at this point.

Any new symptoms, concerns/joys, Pregnancy thoughts? T&P?s request? I have been having some RLP. I'm seriously waiting for when I pop. Right now I just look like I've started gaining weight back that I lost last year (which according to the scale I haven't).

Any upcoming appointments or milestones?  My next appointment isn't until May 22nd (feels so long from now!!)

In craved a lot of salty and savory things in the beginning,  May 22nd is right around the corner!

Me(26)DH(33)
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011

• How far along? What fruit/veggie are you? 16 weeks 4 days and baby is an Avocado :)

How are you feeling? Tired and Hungry. Between round ligament pains and getting up to pee at night, I never feel rested.
    I am a bottomless pit right now. I am always hungry and most of the time I want to eat something I dont have at home. It is nice to be appreciating food again.

What are you craving/avoiding? I have been eating a lot of raisin bran,sausage muffins with cheese and chocolate milk. I have been out of milk and the muffins for 2 days and it make me sad lol
    I am avoiding greasy foods, anything fried makes me vomit almost instantly.

I am feeling extra round lately and have already been asked if the doctors checked to make sure I wasnt having twins again. I hate that question. I am 5'0 on a good day and there is nowhere for my bab belly to go but out. Plus this is my 5th pregnancy. My body knows what to do. That question is insulting though. Gee thanks for telling me Im huge already!
    I did feel baby flop when I sneezed really hard on Saturday and yesterday felt a little kick. It made me jump and then laugh. Its such a comforting feeling :)

Any upcoming appointments or milestones? My anatomy scan is set for May 31st. It seems like its so far away.

GTKY QOTW:

In what way are you superstitious? I try not to be but I have a few quirks. The number 5 has become an important number in our family. We got married and the date had a 5, all of our birthdates have a 5 in them. Right now there are 5 of us in our family. I am trying to find a way to get a 5 in this babies birthdate and I dont see how we can.
    I am more of a habit of routine and freak out if it gets messed up or changed.

What is your dream job?
    I have always wanted to be a nurse. I never thought I was smart enough. I have been thinking about taking a class or 2 when this baby is 2 and try to pursue it.

What is your ring tone?
    Some boring song that came with my phone.

What music do you hate?
    I am not a fan of Rap

I started working in a restaurant at 12 and before that delivered papers for the summer. My funnest memories were of our family trips to the coast. Its my favorite place to go and think back of having fun with my brothers and sisters.

Friday fun night. Its always a picnic on the living room floor with cheese pizzas and movies. Its been our tradition for a year now and I hope my kids want to keep up with it, even when they are older.

I do it at least twice a week. I get tired of texts, calls and facebook updates. I turn it off to umplug from everyone.

Beccabby ~ Pardon my horrid memory just wanted to make sure I sent out a YAY for second tri for you! Yay for energy! OMG I have been having nightmares too, they are terrible, I hope they leave you alone soon, I am having insomnia problems mixed with extreme fatigue! How does that even happen lol. How was your appointment

HAHA its ok MC I have the same problem! I havent had a nightmare this week but I still have some amazingly weird pregnancy dreams!  I have nights of insomnia yet I am extremely tired. Makes no sense at all!
    My appointment went well. I stepped on my scale at home and it said I had gained 9 pounds since my last appointment and I was bothered by that. At the Drs it said I only gain 4 and that made me feel much better. My BP was up a little but I suspected it was. I had been having headaches. Last apt dr wanted to try lowering my dose because in second Tri your Bp is supposed to get better he said. I tried it but new it wouldnt work. Its genetic and I have had it most of my life.I know my body and new it wouldnt do so well lowering it. Since my bp was up, I am 38 he finally considers me High risk and I will be getting u/s at 20 weeks, 28 weeks and 32 weeks. I wish he would have given me one at my apt. but since I am almost 20 weeks he said to just wait until then. Now I just have to "patiently" hahaha wait to see my little munchkin!

Married my very own GI Joe May 2002

BFP May 2002  NMC June 2002
    BFP September 2002 ID twins born April 2003 @ 35 weeks
    BFP September 2007 DD born May 2008
    BFP August 2012 MC October 2012
    BFP January 2012 DD October 2013

I MISS MY TICKER :(

• HomcrnHomcrn member

Thanks for the continued prayers..one day at a time! This LO is very active so brings peace of mind and a smile every time i feel movement. Cant count on regular movement yet though.

1. 16 weeks! :) im not sure what fruit...i look like im growing a watermelon! 

2. Not a bad week, well weekend i should say got out to shop..which is always good until i went to babies r us..too overwelhming..

3. Nothing in particular

4. Been carring high blood pressure..170/100 and passing protien...oh the joys of being high risk.... :) modified bedrest for me again..ugh

5. Nothing major just blood pressure checks

GTKY-ring tone- ohio state fight song! Dream job- im doing it right now...im a hospice nurse. Turn your phone off...what people do that? Lol 

photo 23ec1769-9465-4556-8a33-a6e8dd4b13c4_zps7980b218.jpgphoto 1cf950a4-0ed6-4082-9ae5-b4dd338f363d_zps7bdda6cc.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"