February 2013 Moms

Apparently I'm very possessive of my LO

The inlaws are here for the week and already I want to take over when MIL changes her diaper. My MIL is great, but man! Hopefully my patience grows, but man, when LO needs something I want to be the one who takes care of it (or DH)! I love it when other people hold or or play with her, but I'm having this weird possessiveness when it comes to taking care of her needs!

Taking her to daycare is going to suck, good thing I don't have to do it until August!

Am I the only one?  

And I'm bumping from my room where I took LO to nurse. (we try to nurse, then bottle feed and pump) I'm keeping her with me while I pump rather than give her up to anyone else to feed. Hee hee hee. 

Re: Apparently I'm very possessive of my LO

• I don't mind other people taking care of her while I'm there, but I am finding it really hard to leave my baby.  Really hard.  I sort of feel ill if she isn't with me.  I think I would actually be sick if I had to leave her to go to work.
    SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Lmfao thank god I'm not alone, I do the same with my MIL, I get so irritated and want to take him and run and hide lol she's a great lady but she thinks she knows all so I have to remind her I AM the mom lol
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • You are not alone! I hated leaving DS with ILs even just for a couple hours.  They keep asking me to show them what to do with bm bottles - I refuse! If DS needs to eat I will feed, he rarely has bottles and I want to give them to him (or DS). 

I keep thinking that I'm picking on mil, but I'm not, my mom doesn't try to cross the lines that I've made up.  Mind you I would be much more comfortable with my own mom helping out. 

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • I agree 100. So glad I'm not the only one. Whew.
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    I hear you, but put yourself in their shoes. How much will you want to have the chance to snuggle and love your grandbaby when it's been 20 plus years since you had your own babies? Think about how much you love it now and how much you will miss it when that phase of your life is gone?

So true! I will try to remember this next time I feel frustrated! :) 

• imageTeacher Clark:
    I hear you, but put yourself in their shoes. How much will you want to have the chance to snuggle and love your grandbaby when it's been 20 plus years since you had your own babies? Think about how much you love it now and how much you will miss it when that phase of your life is gone?

I agree with you and I don't mind her loving and snuggling him, i think its great, i mind the taking over my mom duties, she had her time when she had 2 boys, now it's m turn/my son lol

photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • I'm glad other people are having this issue. It has been a cause of tension between my husband and I!! He tells me I act like I have the coolest toy in town and that I don't want to share.....And I tell him he is exactly right. I understand people wanting to hold and snuggle him, but I am mom and I want to take care of him...bottles, diapers etc...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"