February 2013 Moms
Options

CD Moms

We are reconsidering CDing and have decided to purchase 2 or 3 to get an idea of what will work best for us.  I have looked into fitteds and AIOs.  I have it narrowed down to three... a Thirsties Duo AIO, a Thirsties Duo, a Thirsties Duo Fitted, but would possibly like to try another brand as well.  I was talking with a few other moms who swear by Alva... so I thought of trying their pockets as well.  Thoughts, suggestions?  I feel pretty overwhelmed.  I'm going to post on the CD board as well, but thought I'd start here.

Re: CD Moms

• Options
    We have tried a couple different AIOs, and personally, I like prefolds or fitteds with covers the best. I like them for a few reasons: no leaks or blow-outs, you can re-use the cover (as long as there isn't any poop on it), the cotton pre-folds are super easy to clean and use. We use Green Mountain Diaper fitteds (size small right now, but will move up to mediums very soon) or Thirsties Duo fitteds and regular pre-folds with snappis. I have used Bummis covers, Thirsties covers, Econobum, and Flips. I like all of them. I like the Flips and Econobum to cover the fitteds and the Bummis and Thirsties to cover the pre-folds. If you have more specific questions you can PM me. We use Tide Powder (HE) and it gets them clean with no build-up (so far). DS also has no issues with it.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I love my Thirsties Duo Diaper, my Bum Genius 4.0 are also a favorite I have a few Alva's which I just posted about having problems with but I'm thinking its fixable. I also love my fitteds and Thirsties Duo wrap. You will want to try different diapers to see what works best for your baby and budget. My stash is mostly pockets with some red olds covers and fitteds. I don't like AIO's because they take so long to dry my hemp fitted also takes forever to dry. I do suggest watching Cloth Diapering 101 on YouTube it helps A Lot!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageadamsabigail14:
    I love my Thirsties Duo Diaper, my Bum Genius 4.0 are also a favorite I have a few Alva's which I just posted about having problems with but I'm thinking its fixable. I also love my fitteds and Thirsties Duo wrap. You will want to try different diapers to see what works best for your baby and budget. My stash is mostly pockets with some red olds covers and fitteds. I don't like AIO's because they take so long to dry my hemp fitted also takes forever to dry. I do suggest watching Cloth Diapering 101 on YouTube it helps A Lot!

My son has skinny legs, so I was wondering if that would be an issue, since the PP's son has chunky legs and she's using the smallest setting.  Someone on the CD board rec'd the BumGenius 4.0as well, so maybe I'll try those. I saw Charlie banana has a good rating also, so that may be a third option... Not sure yet, though...

• Options
    imageHeartstrings13:

imageadamsabigail14:

My son has skinny legs, so I was wondering if that would be an issue, since the PP's son has chunky legs and she's using the smallest setting.  Someone on the CD board rec'd the BumGenius 4.0as well, so maybe I'll try those. I saw Charlie banana has a good rating also, so that may be a third option... Not sure yet, though...

My little guy has skinny legs too. We have Alva's, but I dont use them other than at home now, because of blowouts. They are too loose around the legs, but i suspect they will work just fine when he gets a little bigger. We use Fuzzibunz, size small pockets an a daily basis and I love those.  

• Options

I just discovered Alva pockets (Kerrbears - same thing) and fell in love.  I needed to buy some new ones and found the Kerrbears on amazon for dirt cheap.  I haven't had any issues with them so far!  I'm actually waiting for a second shipment of seven more diapers to arrive today :)

I like AIOs and have some BG 4.0s, but honestly, pockets are just as easy.  People complain about having to stuff them, but it takes me five minutes to do and I love that I can customize the amount of stuffing they get - more for night, less for day.

• Options

We have mostly pockets, and I love them. Applecheeks and AMPs are my favorite. I used Alva NB diapers, and found that they leaked through very fast. My SIL used them too and quit cloth diapering altogether because she was frustrated that she had to change LO's outfit every time she changed the diaper. 

I have a couple BumGenius AIOs and they're fine. They absorb quite a bit, I just really like being able to change the insert in a pocket, and not the whole diaper. Saves on laundry. We used Thirsties NB AIOs and liked them the best of our NB diapers. 

The truth is, you get what you pay for. I love my Applecheeks and AMPs, and would recommend them to anyone. If cost is an issue, try GlowBugs, because they're also nice pocket diapers for less money. (and they're cute!).  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageDC2London:
    image+adamwife+:

I just discovered Alva pockets (Kerrbears - same thing) and fell in love.  I needed to buy some new ones and found the Kerrbears on amazon for dirt cheap.  I haven't had any issues with them so far!  I'm actually waiting for a second shipment of seven more diapers to arrive today :)

I like AIOs and have some BG 4.0s, but honestly, pockets are just as easy.  People complain about having to stuff them, but it takes me five minutes to do and I love that I can customize the amount of stuffing they get - more for night, less for day.

Whoa, I just looked these up on Amazon.  $8 per diaper?!  And they actually work?!  Happy birthday to ME...... 

I know, right?! And they come with a liner inside too. Bonus!!

I've been using them for about two weeks and haven't had any issues with them. I got the one-size and can use them for both my two-year-old and the baby (who has chubby thighs, so no leakage there). I just followed their prep instructions.  I'm so satisfied!

I can't wait for my package to arrive.  Seven new dipes in the cutest patterns.  Yippee!

Oh, and I bought some of the minky ones in my first purchase and they are so soft.  My DD1 asks to wear them because she likes how they feel.

• Options
    image+adamwife+:
    imageDC2London:
    image+adamwife+:

Whoa, I just looked these up on Amazon.  $8 per diaper?!  And they actually work?!  Happy birthday to ME...... 

I know, right?! And they come with a liner inside too. Bonus!!

I've been using them for about two weeks and haven't had any issues with them. I got the one-size and can use them for both my two-year-old and the baby (who has chubby thighs, so no leakage there). I just followed their prep instructions.  I'm so satisfied!

I can't wait for my package to arrive.  Seven new dipes in the cutest patterns.  Yippee!

Oh, and I bought some of the minky ones in my first purchase and they are so soft.  My DD1 asks to wear them because she likes how they feel.

I've been buying my Alvas from superstash.net because most of the rebranded ones on Amazon and even Zulily cost more when they are the same diaper just different name.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help!  Since we still have a good amount of sposies, I'm going to order a few prefolds and covers and a few Kerrbear (how could I not!) and go from there!  Wish me luck!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"