3rd Trimester

Three or more children (moms with)

Moms...
How was your third labor? My first was pretty awful and long. Second while still labor went way better then I could have guessed and I was only at the hospital for six hours and I had my son in my arms. I was so surprised by how well it went I said to that to my doctor and he was like "ya second babies are a breeze its the third to watch out for they are a wild card" and now I am on my third pregnancy and I am scared to death of this labor now and I can not sake that statement from my memory.

Re: Three or more children (moms with)

• 1st- 15 hours from start to finish. Natural, very rough.

2nd - 6 hours start to finish. Induced, epidural.

3rd - 5 hours start to finish. Induced, epidural. 

Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• First I was a walking 4, for two weeks before my water broke.  He was born four hours later, tore but all on all not a bad labor or delivery.

Second was an easy labor lasted about 36 hours BUT I was able to handle the pain pretty well, he was sunny side up and my tailbone broke during pushing him out.  ( he was 10 pounds )

Third was horrible, 28 hour labor, and I hemorrhage quite badly at the end. 

My current midwife has me walking, squatting, eating lots of protein ect.  I feel very healthy this time around.

There have been moments when I start to almost panic about the pain and bleeding, then I have to remind myself to stay calm all the worry is sure to make things tense!

I liken it to getting a tattoo ( my DH is an artist so I have quite a few, some in VERY painful places )  When I worry and get tense the pain is ten times worse.  When I relax, breath, visualize and go with the flow the pain is much more bearable. 

I realized that one issue I have had during delivery was the type of music I "try" to listen to, I always go for the calming slow stuff.  I don't listen to that type of music in day to day life and it ends up bugging to C*ap out of me!  

This time I am making a playlist with dance music!  Upbeat and awesome.

Best of luck to you! 

• Loading the player...
  • first baby 36 hours labor pain medication and tore

second baby labor 30 minutes no pain medications 

third was in active labor 2 weeks would go to hospatil contions would stop doctor sent me home epidual for pain 2 weeks overdue

fourth baby 14 hours labor spinal and epidual 

expecting number 5 due 22 of june

• 1: 11 hours, induced-will never do it again...

2: 16 hours, epi done three times, son ended up being delivered with the help of a vac because I was so tired and worn out.

3: Ten mins...I was almost 4cm when I made it to the ER and having contractions-didn't start feeling them until I was almost 7cm. But yeah it only took ten minutes of pushing

I am on number four and an going natural and I have a midwife so I'm hoping for a different experience.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • #1 - 41.5 weeks - 13 hours started with water breaking - epi which was awesome

#2 - 37 wks - less than 2 hours starting with contractions - no epi (no time)

#3 - 39.5 weeks - 4 hours - induced - no epi by choice

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1st born at 42 weeks 1 day 10 and a half hour natural labor with a water birth. I tore with her and she came out sideways.
    2nd born at 41 weeks 3 days after 4 hours of labor . Super fast but very intense.
    3rd was born at 36 weeks 5 days after 29 hours of labor only 9 of which were truly active and two hours of hard labor . I'm hopeing this time around this baby doesn't go any faster then my second that was really intense .
  • 1st : 6 hours, including 1.5 hours of pushing. Easy.

2nd : 2 hours, including 10 minutes of pushing. Easier.

3rd : Baby is breech. Total wild card. I'm losing my mind over it.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try not to worry too much about it...every pregnancy and labor is different. I am on my fourth baby due date June 8th and this has been by far the most difficult pregnancy for me yet! I have been determined preterm and taken out of work since 30 wks but with my first labor it was long and painful 13hours to be exact and I had an epidural....the second was a breeze...5hours and had an epidural...my third was 6.5hours and had natural birth. If you ask me it depends on the baby and your body.
  • Basil27Basil27 member
    Thanks ladies for responding! it does seem like number three is a wild card based off of the posts....could go fast...could labor for 28 hours :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"