Blended Families
Options

First CO conflict we have ever had

So, H's birthday is the same day as mothers day this year. Both are spelled out in CO to have SS. All I can do is laugh. 

I pointed it out to DH a couple of days ago since I doubt he noticed. He laughed. He texted BM and asked what she wanted to do. She said it makes sense to just split it. It makes sense that since SS will already be with us, we will take him the first half of the day, and then she can have the second half. That way we're only switching one time. 

But that would mean that things are too easy for BM, of course! She wants to come pick him up at 9AM, then us come get him at 2:30, and then drop him back off at 8PM. WTF? I am letting DH sort it out... I just can't deal with her lack of common sense. Why does she have to make it so difficult?

Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."

Re: First CO conflict we have ever had

• Options
    Seriously?!?! In what world does that make any sense? Good for you for stepping back and letting DH handle it. Seeing as it is mother's day for you too, I would be irritated if I had to spend half the time driving back and forth, just because that's what she wants.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • Options
    I am surprised neither of them thought about the fact that YH's bday sometimes falls on Mother's Day. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your H and my youngest SD are birthday twins! We are celebrating her birthday on Saturday this year so it is "her day only" and she isn't sharing it with all our mothers day activities. We will see both of our moms in the am and get the kids home early so they can be with the BMs. Enjoy your weekend of celebration!
  • Options
    What a PITA... I would consider celebrating your DH's bday on Saturday to avoid all the back and forth on Mother's Day.

• Options
    Our CO states that if a parent's birthday and a holiday fall on the same day we follow the schedule for the holiday. I'm surprised your CO doesn't address this situation.
  • Options

imagetwister22:
    I am surprised neither of them thought about the fact that YH's bday sometimes falls on Mother's Day. lol

This!  BM birthday is close to Memorial Day (which is one of the Holidays in the CO) so the CO spells out what to do if they are on the same day.

GL

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"