Trouble TTC
Options

Dx and ?? for 3T Runners

Just got our results: the good news is that my uterus has been diagnosed as an arcuate. Unless I have m/c in the future, there is no need to surgically correct it. I'm so relieved!! All the other tests came back normally. Our official Dx is "unexplained infertility." As happy as I am that "everything's fine" I am a little frustrated because... it's not!! Obviously there's a problem, but it's just something that we can't see.

Anyway, the doctor recommended Clomid + IUI as our first round of treatment. We will proceed with that as soon as AF shows herself.

My question for 3T runners: what is your RE's opinion on running during treatment? During pregnancy? My RE said to limit exercise to an hour a day (no more than 7 hours a week) during treatment and to listen to my body. I asked what he thought for running while PG and he said no running..... 

**SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
       Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!

Re: Dx and ?? for 3T Runners

• Options

I was advised that since I already run, that I can keep running and listen to my body. As far as I know, that was advised to all my running buddies as well. Even after my IUI, they told me to take a day or two and then resume normal activity.

GL!!!

Me: 34 - Hydrosalpinx DH: 33
    Previous history
    IUI switched to TI x6 = BFN
    IUI x2 = BFN
    Essure procedure for hydro

New starts

*Possibly starting clomid in Sept or Oct 

• Options

I think there is a big misconception that unexplained IF means "everything is normal" when it actually means "we don't know why you can't get pregnant."  DH and I are "unexplained" as well, but I do have slightly low progesterone (but not enough to worry my RE), possibly hostile CM, and had a bacterial infection and am on antibiotics now.

As far as running, I have no idea because I am not a runner.  In fact if you see me running you should probably start running too, because something is probably chasing me. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I run daily and my RE was fine with me continuing that during my Clomid + IUI cycles. I'll find out in the morning if that changes for IVF. I didn't specifically ask him about exercise while pregnant...figured I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Options
    imageTwinkie0612:

As far as running, I have no idea because I am not a runner.  In fact if you see me running you should probably start running too, because something is probably chasing me. 

This cracked me up!

To be more specific... I am a marathon runner, so the main concern is the longer runs. I usually only run 3-4 times a week with most of those runs being under an hour. The long run is usually between 2-4 hours. My RE was concerned about these longer runs.

I'm completely fine with limiting my daily runs to under an hour while on a medicated cycle, but here's the conundrum I'm dealing with: I have a guaranteed spot for the 2013 NYC Marathon which is scheduled for November. If I don't want to lose my spot (which I worked hard to earn all last year with the 9+1 program), then I have to register before May 24th. The registration fee is $225+. If I register then defer because of pregnancy, then I will not get a refund but I will keep my spot for 2014... but I'll have to pay the race fee again when the time comes (meaning I'll be paying $500 for one race). 

I think Naria had to deal with a similar decision in regards to the WDW Marathon?! I'm curious to see how she weighs in :) 

**SIGGY WARNING**

Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day

imageimageimage

• Options

I run about 3x/wk, and my RE was fine with me continuing my routine through my IUI cycles.

That said, your RE's recommendation may have something to do with your DX. I'd go with whatever your RE (and then your OB) recommends.

*** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    imageRunCC37:
    imageTwinkie0612:

This cracked me up!

To be more specific... I am a marathon runner, so the main concern is the longer runs. I usually only run 3-4 times a week with most of those runs being under an hour. The long run is usually between 2-4 hours. My RE was concerned about these longer runs.

I'm completely fine with limiting my daily runs to under an hour while on a medicated cycle, but here's the conundrum I'm dealing with: I have a guaranteed spot for the 2013 NYC Marathon which is scheduled for November. If I don't want to lose my spot (which I worked hard to earn all last year with the 9+1 program), then I have to register before May 24th. The registration fee is $225+. If I register then defer because of pregnancy, then I will not get a refund but I will keep my spot for 2014... but I'll have to pay the race fee again when the time comes (meaning I'll be paying $500 for one race). 

I think Naria had to deal with a similar decision in regards to the WDW Marathon?! I'm curious to see how she weighs in :) 

and I can't take credit for the joke, I saw it on an E card on Facebook. :)

I would pay the money and then defer if I had to as long as paying an extra $225 wouldn't be too detrimental to your finances.  How upsetting would it be if you had to defer and pay an extra entry fee next year because you are pregnant?  You can't predict what will happen and this sounds like an amazing opportunity.  GL.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    imageBlueEyedDreamer:

I run about 3x/wk, and my RE was fine with me continuing my routine through my IUI cycles.

That said, your RE's recommendation may have something to do with your DX. I'd go with whatever your RE (and then your OB) recommends.

Good advice... I wonder if it has something to do with my arcuate uterus?

Twinkie, I think you're onto something. If I got a BFP then I don't think I'd give a crap about the money or missing out on the race...  

**SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• Options

I have a good friend who did a Marathon while pregnant. She was already in shape for it and her OB just told her to keep her heart rate under a certain rate ( I don't remember what).

As far as while during treatment, that depends. I know a woman who ended up with OHSS and could not run for weeks because of this.

Like someone else said, I'd go with your physicians recommendation. Sorry. its a tough decision!!!

Me: 34 - Hydrosalpinx DH: 33
    Previous history
    IUI switched to TI x6 = BFN
    IUI x2 = BFN
    Essure procedure for hydro

New starts

*Possibly starting clomid in Sept or Oct 

• Options

imageIntuitiveBlue:
    I once read about a woman running a marathon at 9 months and then giving birth immediately thereafter.

I had a coworker that did this. As a minimal runner, I thought she was incredible.

My doc told me not to push too hard. My couch to 5k was fine. They told me to hold off on running for 24 hours post IUI.

• Options
    imageTwinkie0612:

this for me! OP I am glad that they didn't find anything "wrong" but I can imagine the dx of "unexplained" would be very frustrating. GL to you!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • Options

DH and I are unexplained as well and it's incredibly frustrating.  While it's nice to know everything checks out under the hood, it sucks to not have an answer.  In some ways its nice because there are more treatment options available, but in other ways it's frustrating because it can feel like a waste of time. 

My RE said I could continue running during treatments.  I even started training for my first marathon and got in about 3.5 months of training before I got a bfp with femara + TI (unfortunately ended in a loss due to chromosomal abnormalities).  But even after the bfp my RE said I could continue marathon training while pregnant.  I opted not to but he didn't think it would be a problem. Best of luck to you guys!

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"