July 2012 Moms
Options

Here we go....

MH is bringing one of the "pit puppies" back from the coal mine today. Some stray dog up there recently had puppies and the guys that work out there have been able to get most of them adopted, but one is left and seems to not be able to use her back legs. We are absolute suckers for animals and he called me and asked what to do and I told him to bring her home. So he will be taking her to the vet today to see what's wrong. Please pray that it is something mendable and inexpensive!!

Also, anyone interested in a puppy? She looks like a terrier mix of some sort and is super sweet!

ETA: And seriously, if you live within like 8 hours we would even be wiling to drive her to you!

ETA: She is only about 6 or 8 weeks! 

Re: Here we go....

• Options

Thanks y'all. We definitely can't keep her (we have 2 already), but we just couldn't leave her. MH says she was just lying in her own pee and when he brought her to the water she drank like there was no tomorrow. I really hope we can get her fixed and adopted. I just worry about if her legs aren't mendable and we are stuck trying to adopt out a crippled puppy. That wouldn't be good....

What have we gotten ourselves into??

• Options

Awww, you suckers. :)

I'll ask around.  My sister is in vet school at Auburn, so she usually has connections.  Oh, and my best friend is a pet foster, so I'll ask her about help. 

Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageStokedWifey:

Awww, you suckers. :)

I'll ask around.  My sister is in vet school at Auburn, so she usually has connections.  Oh, and my best friend is a pet foster, so I'll ask her about help. 

That would be awesome!!! Please do!

• Options

aw that is so sweet of you guys.  where is the momma?  she ok? 

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Options

imagebellaxanthe:
    Dogs with the little wheelchairs for the back legs are the cutuest things in the universe next to the J12 babies.  Just saying.

agreed!

image image
                      Ayden & Sydney

• Options
    imageJustcallmeGG2:

aw that is so sweet of you guys.  where is the momma?  she ok? 

The momma is ok, for now. We were planning on catching her and taking her to get her spayed as soon as all the puppies were gone, but she wasn't around today. She is hard to catch!

• Options
    imagewheelerc:
    Where are you located? I would love to try and help!!!

We are in Birmingham, AL. If we don't find her a home in the next week or so we are going to look into some no kill shelters I think. We have one dog that doesn't play well with others so we need to find something soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"