3rd Trimester

BH every 10 min?

I've had braxton hicks regularly for the past 40 minutes, every 10 minutes, give or take a minute.  I'm 29 weeks.  Is this normal? They aren't getting any stronger. 
I've been drinking extra water trying to get them to calm down to no avail.   

Re: BH every 10 min?

• What does your doctor say? I would call him/her and ask her about that. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    What does your doctor say? I would call him/her and ask her about that. 

I haven't called yet, I didn't want to panic too much.

• Loading the player...
  • What happens when you walk around? That usually stopped mine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekeriraine:

imagePrimRoseMama:
    What does your doctor say? I would call him/her and ask her about that. 

I haven't called yet, I didn't want to panic too much.

That isn't panic. That is common sense. Different doctors have different guidelines as to how many BH in an hour is too much. When in doubt, call your doctor. That doesn't mean you are panicking to do so. It means you want his/her professional opinion about when you should be worried about BH.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• What pp said. Normally more than 4 in an hour means you need to call your OB.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    What pp said. Normally more than 4 in an hour means you need to call your OB.

This. 

• imagebotanicalbliss:

imageamarissa85:
    What pp said. Normally more than 4 in an hour means you need to call your OB.

This. 

Agreed. Especially since they seem to be in a pattern.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I called and of course I got then nurse's line and they didn't answer.  I left a message, hopefully they call me back.  I've walked around, peed (this usually helps for me), and drank 5 large glasses of water since about 8:30am.  : /
  • imagekeriraine:
    I called and of course I got then nurse's line and they didn't answer.  I left a message, hopefully they call me back.  I've walked around, peed (this usually helps for me), and drank 5 large glasses of water since about 8:30am.  : /

Keep drinking and maybe lay down a bit. I'd mainline that water. Get yourself a gallon jug and keep going until its gone. Then fill it up. Yes, you will have to pee. Sorry about that, but water can only help you right now. 

Try something with protein (cottage cheese, nuts etc.) and some fruit.

When did your doctor check you for the UTI? The reason I ask is that they can pop up really quickly  and without warning. So, just because you didn't have one at your last appointment doesn't mean you don't have one now. I hope the nurses line gets back to ASAP. My practice is usually good about it.  

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• They told me to go in...I'm going to go home and lay down first for a bit, I was at work. If it doesn't chill out, I'll go in. Ugghhh.
  • Yes go in. I had to because I was having them every ten mins. I would rather be safe then sorry.
  • Keep us posted on how this goes! Sounds like you may have an irritable uterus. Mine started around the same time. My contractions will become regular, then increase in frequency until they're 3 min apart, but they never become painful. You still have to go in though! False labor can easily become true labor if let go on. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about what to expect at the hospital or all the meds they will probably have you on. Or just to vent! It can get frustrating and scary. GL,T&Ps! 

TTC#2 for 2 years!

August 2014: Went off the pill to conceive #2
    March 2015: BFP - M/C at 6 weeks
    October 2015: Natural BFP - MMC, discovered at 12 weeks, D&C one long month later
    Mar-Sept 2016: Unexplained secondary infertility, 6 rounds Clomid + IUI, all BFN
    October 2016: IVF = chemical pg
    March 2017: Natural BFP 

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My doctor said if I get more than 4 in an hour to call in.
  • imagekeriraine:
    They told me to go in...I'm going to go home and lay down first for a bit, I was at work. If it doesn't chill out, I'll go in. Ugghhh.

If they told you to go in then go in. Don't fook around.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    imagekeriraine:
    They told me to go in...I'm going to go home and lay down first for a bit, I was at work. If it doesn't chill out, I'll go in. Ugghhh.
    If they told you to go in then go in. Don't fook around.

Went home, laid down, drank even more water and they stopped.  I called the doc back and he said to take it easy for the night and if it continues today then go in.  I think with this being the third baby and have such easy, simple pregnancies with the first two, this one knows he's the last one and wants to give Mommy a run for her money!  Well it's workin kid!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"