Babies: 0 - 3 Months

bf question

My LO is EBF and I was wondering how many of you wait til they unlatch on their own or do you break suction?  If I waited for  him to unlatch on his own, I'd be there for hours.  I always end up breaking suction.  I let my nipple stay close in case he wants to latch back on, but I wait until he stops sucking or begins to comfort suck for a few minutes and falls asleep.  Any one have any thoughts about this?

Thanks.

Re: bf question

• I do the same thing my lo would stay forever I stick w the 10 min rule and since she's gaining weight so well this is working for us
    Photobucket
  • I let DD stay latched usually because that's the only way she'll fall asleep right now. Sometimes she coughs and unlatches and I keep her off and she doesn't have a problem, other times she'll get the cough out of her and then fuss to eat more. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sometimes she breaks suction on her own, but if she's been on for a while and isn't eating anymore, just sucking and sleeping, then I will take her off. 
  • It depend for DD.  Sometimes I let her break on her own but if she is comfort sucking adn not feeding, then  will put a binki in when she is done. 

• imageGirl031813:
    Sometimes she breaks suction on her own, but if she's been on for a while and isn't eating anymore, just sucking and sleeping, then I will take her off. 

This.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagedoremi29:

imageGirl031813:
    Sometimes she breaks suction on her own, but if she's been on for a while and isn't eating anymore, just sucking and sleeping, then I will take her off. 

This.

I do this too.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageGirl031813:

Same here. 

• I do both. It depends on if I need to get up to do something or not.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I think it takes 8-10 minutes for a baby to empty a breast approx. 95% of the way.  DS usually comes off on his own, but if he goes longer than 12-15 minutes, I take him off.
  • imageGirl031813:

This for us as well. 

Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"