Third-Party Reproduction

WTF follow up

Well had the follow up after the failed FET.  It was done by phone and at least that way I wouldnt embarass myself by squalling in public.   

RE said lining was 9 first check 5 days before transfer, estrogen was an 84,  Progesterone was a 59 (goal was over 20).  I did have a positive first beta 38.  So in their mind the FET was actually successful... Guess they are just ignoring the 29 second beta. 

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! IF IT WAS SUCCESSFUL I WOULDNT BE HAVING THIS CONVERSATION WOULD I?????? 

What should we do differently...... Nothing

What would help our chances...... DE.... yeah never have that kinda money...

When can we try again...... you could go again in May......( i think thats kinda soon to jump back on the looney bus again)  

His answer in a nutshell was we got got a bad batch this time.With only 3 donated embryos and only 2 making it well it happens. They were just not strong enough to make it.    

So now I pick another and the pickings are not large and hope these will do better, oh and rob a bank to pay for round 2 I might add.

You would think I would feel better knowig I didn't do anything and my body tried to make it happen. I just feel unlucky.  Its like playig the lottery there are winnners out there just have to get the good cards.

Married since 2004 Primary POF Foster parent but have no had an adoption trying embryo adoption Just want a forever baby RE jacksonville FL FIRM

Re: WTF follow up

• I am so sorry about where you are. Big hugs to you, I really want this to work for you so badly!

I think when your RE says that it was a success, I think they just mean that your body was able to become pregnant with the protocol they had you on. The environment appeared to be correct for a healthy embryo to thrive. Unfortunately, it sounds like the RE believes that embryo was the issue, and not your body. I know it's hard, but try to take comfort in that

What I would take from your WTF appointment is that they had all of the factors "right" in getting you pregnant. Now all you need is a good embryo and you will be on your way.

If there is no need to cycle again right away, it might be good for you to decompress and wait until you're ready again. I remember talking to FIRM and I understand they get new embryos donated often so perhaps during your wait something perfect will come along for you. Big hugs, try to hang onto hope. So many things DID work right for you...and they will again. :)

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • I know this is so hard and you want the doctor to give you a better answer.  This journey sucks!  Try to focus on the positive that came from this - you can get pregnant.  Now, just to find the right embryo!  BIG HUGS!!

Me:37 (DOR), DH: 40 (Normal) TTC #1 since Fall 2010
    2010-2012 - 7 rounds of Clomid, 4 IUI & 2 IVF - all BFN (2 chemical pregnancies)
    April 2013 fresh DEgg - 15R, 4F, 2 transferred = BFN.  
    FET - 11/13
    Beta #1 11/23 = 247; Beta #2 11/25 = 538; Beta #3 11/29 = 5481 BFP!!!!!
    U/s #1 12/7 & U/s #2 12/16 = One perfect little heart beat!! 
    EDD = 8/1/14

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry. Liz gave some great advice. Hang in there girl.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I'm sorry.  I agree with everything said by the other ladies.  This journey is so hard, take all the time you need until you are ready to get back on the IF roller coaster.  Big (((hugs)))

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Km672Km672 member
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I agree, I would have wanted to have a phone appt.

I definitely think you need to take some time to take care of yourself. You have just been through a devastating loss, and it's ok that you're not ready to try again. These things take time. Please put yourself first and do some nice things for yourself. Take your time. There's no reason to rush back into this process when you're not ready.

Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI   (TTC#1 since 2009)

IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN

Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p

DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN

DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN

DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN

FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p

DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.

FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN

Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus

New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells

FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids in October

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"