Working Moms
Options

Period And libido

So throughout my entire pregnancy and most of my pp I have had a very very low libido. Dd is 13 mos. but I've been noticing a bit of a pattern lately. Right at the end of my period up till around ovulation I do have a higher libido. BUT right after that time up to my next period so for about the last two weeks of my cycle I have zero desire so much where i just feel like saying don't even come near me. That is also when my very most unreasonable irritable emotional side comes to play. What's that about? Maybe a hormonal Imbalance?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Period And libido

• Options

Ditto.  Hormones.  And I can't do anything about it, because all the meds are either antidepressants or hormone therapy, both of which I cannot take.  So, we both have to just deal with it.  I also become a psychopath for about a week or week and a half-I have to go to the gym, long walks, etc. during that period so everyone remains alive.

Sorry not very helpful-just wanted to let you know you've got company.

• Options
    Hormones.  I had almost no drive while on the mini pill, and my mood was awful 24/7 with the regular pill (the same one that I used prebaby).  I went with a hormone free paraguard, and I love it.  My period is worse, but I'd rather be uncomfortable for a week each month than miserable every single day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesemdkm:
    Ditto.nbsp; Hormones.nbsp; And I can't do anything about it, because all the meds are either antidepressants or hormone therapy, both of which I cannot take.nbsp; So, we both have to just deal with it.nbsp; I also become a psychopath for about a week or week and a halfI have to go to the gym, long walks, etc. during that period so everyone remains alive.
    Sorry not very helpfuljust wanted to let you know you've got company.

Lol. A psychopath
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"