Parenting after a Loss

***Healthy living check-in***

Hi ladies! I'm so sorry I missed Friday. My internet was down during the day and by evening when it came back on I had my hands to full to get to the computer.

Anyways, for those who don't know, this check-in is for anyone who wants some accountability for living a healthier lifestyle. We (usually!) set goals on Monday and check-in on Friday to see how everyone is doing.

melly918- where you able to take your boot camp class on Wednesday? Hopefully you were able to get some rest this week like you wanted to. Did you meet your goal of more fruits and veges?

Atleighdan- How is your cold? Hope your feeling better! Did you start WW?

pangnl179- you sure were ambitious this week! were you able to meet all your goals?

Ladiebug71- did you meet your goal of drinking more water and trying different vegetables each day?

NBBride05- were you able to cut back on sweets this week and go walking?

Bumgellic (sorry can't see your full screen name!)- how did it go cutting out the fast food this week!

Have a great week everyone and if I forget to check in on Friday remind me!

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.

Re: ***Healthy living check-in***

• I'm feeling a lot better this week. I was bleeding pretty heavy last week but I am finally done and feel like I have so much more energy! I also had an infection on the outside of my incision- not very serious I just had to put hydrogen peroxide on it several times a day and it cleared up.

I am 6 weeks pp now and I am all cleared to do what ever activity I want. My goal is to exercise as I feel up to it. I don't want to push to hard and start bleeding again!

My little boy went to heaven during childbirth Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Been on the pump for 6 years.
  • imageblessedhope:

I'm feeling a lot better this week. I was bleeding pretty heavy last week but I am finally done and feel like I have so much more energy! I also had an infection on the outside of my incision- not very serious I just had to put hydrogen peroxide on it several times a day and it cleared up.

I am 6 weeks pp now and I am all cleared to do what ever activity I want. My goal is to exercise as I feel up to it. I don't want to push to hard and start bleeding again!

Oh no, sorry to hear about the bleeding and infection. Thats not fun at all! Hope you start to feel better soon.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • Loading the player...
  • pangnl179- you sure were ambitious this week! were you able to meet all your goals?

Yes, I was! HA, well I did ok. Did baby bootcamp on Monday and Wednesday and got my walks in too. I also had a salad for lunch.

I did not make my water goal though and I certainly didn't limit processed foods.  

This week:

1. MORE WATER!

2. Use My Fitness Pal to track foods for the week 

3. Baby bootcamp- Monday/Wednesday

4. Walk 4 times this week

5. Make dinner Monday-Thursday 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • melly918- where you able to take your boot camp class on Wednesday? Hopefully you were able to get some rest this week like you wanted to. Did you meet your goal of more fruits and veges?

Boot camp was awesome. I felt great physically afterward and there was very little soreness.  This week is more of a "Essentrics" class which is a combination of pilates and other strengthening exercises that don't involve weights. I experienced it the other week and did not like it so much so it really depends on my mood if I will go this week.

Took a day off and took the family to the zoo, so that was one day of walking. :) Did do another walk on Saturday morning because the weather was fab.

As for eating better...some hits, some misses on various days.  Yesterday was bad, it was DD's baptism so we went to the Cheesecake Factory for brunch.  I had leftover pancakes to bring home for dinner, and MIL bought us a gooey cheesecake to take home.  I sure didn't feel so great last night.

Rested better over the weekend for sure.  Meant to get up early yesterday to prepare for DD's baptism but we all overslept and had like 45 minutes to get ready! SMH.  DH said to look at the bright side that we all got the much-needed sleep.

This week's goals are to go for at least two walks with the kids outside and maybe throw in a day at the gym or that Essentrics class.  I still have a lot of weight to lose...my a$$ looked big in the baptism photos yesterday. Sigh.

DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Was posting earlier about WW... but thought I'd join in here! I hope that's okay!

I started Weight Watchers last week, as I've been having some pretty unhealthy thoughts about my body. I started my pregnancy heavier than I'd like, and I'd been hanging on to about 5 lbs. of pregnancy weight on top of the epic redistribution that carrying a baby for 9 months creates. I just feel gross in everything and my confidence is pretty low.

I lost 2.2 lbs. this past week, and I'm so relieved to see some results, as I spent most of the week super hungry and the last time I did WW I had no luck and gave up. But I'm already eating more fruits and vegetables and drinking more water. I'd like to add some regular activity into my week not only because it's good for me, but also because I think I'll need the cushion of points! I'm still nursing, and I have a really hard time getting through from dinner until bedtime, as we usually eat around 6:30 and I don't go to bed until midnight.

My goal for this week is to go for at least one walk - it's raining a lot, but I'm determined - and get out to the Y one day, as well.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageblessedhope:

I'm feeling a lot better this week. I was bleeding pretty heavy last week but I am finally done and feel like I have so much more energy! I also had an infection on the outside of my incision- not very serious I just had to put hydrogen peroxide on it several times a day and it cleared up.

Good for you for getting started 6 weeks PP! And for taking it slow and steady. I've heard that's the best way.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Happy monday everybody.

I did much better with my water last week.  I did get more veggies last week too, but I don't think I quite hit my goal everyday.

This week I want to continue with my water intake, but I also need to exercise at least 4 times.  I have been losing about a half pound per week, and that is a pretty slow pace.  I have trouble dropping to many calories, so I'm hoping with exercise I can be back at a pound a week, if not 1.5 per week pace again.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• NBBride05- were you able to cut back on sweets this week and go walking?

I was able to cut back sweets although I am addicted to almond m&ms. It took a lot of will power not to buy another bag at the grocery store today. I also walked a lot last week. I've decided it is easiest to count my week Friday to Thursday so I can report in on this check in! So far I have walked Fri-Sat-Sun and headed out for my Monday night walk. I also finally got my Wii hooked back up and have been playing a little. Trying not to overdue it since I am really out of shape. I like Wii Tennis, some of the sports resort games and the dancing. Some of them can give you a really good workout!

Goals for this week:

1) Walk at least 2 more times before Friday.

2) Drink lots of water.

3) Play Wii at least 30 minutes one more time before Friday.

4) Stretch more so I don't have sore muscles.

May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"