Trouble TTC

Just Call me pizza face plus small vent pregnancy mentioned

Ugh! My face and skin look horrible! I look like I just went through puberty! Is it the Femara, Ovidril or the fact that I actually have hormones in me that allowed me to ovulate? Anyone else have the same problem?

Vent: I work as a psych nurse and I have a 21 year old patient who is pregnant with her 5th child and has a court hearing tomorrow for custody of her 1 year old. Oh. And the first thing she asked me this morning is if being in the psych unit will help her get her check back. Lord give me peace and a kind heart!!

Happy Monday y'all!!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
First RE appt 1/10/2013
Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!

Re: Just Call me pizza face plus small vent pregnancy mentioned

• Ugh. I am so sorry. What a PITA. Sending lots of positive patience thoughts your way! 

In terms of the breakouts....it happens to me too, and I am 32! Drives me crazy!  I usually get a small breakout before O and during AF. For me personally, moisturizing and Mario Badescu drying cream have helped a lot. (sounds counter-intuitive, I know.) 

Hope that your day gets better! 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• I break out more now than I ever did when I was a teenager.  Its ridiculous!  I have yet to find something to keep it under control, even on natural cycles.  I also feel your pain about the patient.  I'm a NICU nurse and get to deal with lots of situations like that. 
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a nurse also. I use to work L&D, then PICU. Both are hard, but it also makes me appreciate my life and my DH. The pain of seeing those things never gets better, but all we can do is take it one day at a time... cliche, I know!

As far as the breakouts... I wish I knew! Hope someone on here has a breakout cure!

Me: 34 - Hydrosalpinx DH: 33
    Previous history
    IUI switched to TI x6 = BFN
    IUI x2 = BFN
    Essure procedure for hydro

New starts

*Possibly starting clomid in Sept or Oct 

• Sorry you are having a rough Monday.  The acne is one of the most frustrating parts of having your hormones messed with.  I haven't found any miracle cures or I would share them.  But, I can sympathize.  ((hugs))

Also sorry you are dealing with frustrating people at work.  Hang in there! 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Way to salt the wound with the horrible breakouts, right?! I also break out like a teenager before O and AF. There was a stretch of time over the winter where it was so bad, I lost all my self confidence and felt so ugly. Knock on wood, I'm in a good stretch now. I've been using an Aveeno exfoliating face wash in the morning and moisturizer with SPF. For the night, I use Purify face wash and it is awesome. It gets all of my makeup off without scrubbing my face off. And I use a night cream with antiaging stuff. It should be off limits to have to use acne AND age defying products!!

Sorry about your client at work.
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Oh lordy - you must have the patience of a saint and a heart of gold to deal with that today!  

My breakouts have been horrible ever since getting off BC, but since I was not ovulating I have no idea what sets it off.  It sounds crazy, but Proactive (that stuff they market to teenagers) totally has worked for me.  I still break out more than I did during the 10 years I was on BC, but it is significantly better than what it was last year.  Somewhat expensive, but well worth it.  There is nothing like adding the insult of self-confidence/body issues to the injury of IF, right? 

• imageShellydawn422:
    Oh lordy you must have the patience of a saint and a heart of gold to deal with that today! nbsp;My breakouts have been horrible ever since getting off BC, but since I was not ovulating I have no idea what sets it off. nbsp;It sounds crazy, but Proactive that stuff they market to teenagers totally has worked for me. nbsp;I still break out more than I did during the 10 years I was on BC, but it is significantly better than what it was last year. nbsp;Somewhat expensive, but well worth it. nbsp;There is nothing like adding the insult of selfconfidence/body issues to the injury of IF, right?nbsp;

I actually do use proactive but I probably haven't been as diligent as I should. My acne was horrible after getting off of BCPs over a year ago but it had gotten better. But this cycle it is horrible! Probably because I am actually ovulating this go around from meds. Glad I'm not alone ladies!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • Im on the Femara and ovidril also and i feel ive had more acne problems since ive been on the two drugs. Ive been getting so cystic acne too. Hope you have a better Tuesday !!!!
    Me:29 DH:36 TTC: since 2011 PCOS since age 15,(I dont ovulate on my own). HSG:1-13 normal , 2-13 Clomid test didnt work, 2-12-13 RE talk appointment 2-13 all bloodwork is normal. Non responsive to Clomid. 2-16 Provea to start cycle.
  • Ugh, sorry you had to deal with that at work today :(  I could imagine that is frustrating....in regards to crazy acne I am dealing with that a TON!  I actually had pretty good skin after I was put on birth control in high school and the minute I got off of it to start this journey I have broken out on my face, back AND chest...its absolutely miserable and I just hope it will all be worth it soon.  Hang in there lady!
    Me: 27, DH: 29*** TTC since November 2011 *** Dx with PCOS in September 2012 
    ***September 2012: IUI #1 = BFN*** 
     ***October 2012: IUI #2 = cancelled due to not responding to meds ***
     ***February 2013: IUI #3 - BFN ***
     *** April 2013: Gonal-f, HCG Trigger and TI = BFN*** 
     ***May/June 2013: TAKING A BREAK.***
    ***July 2013: Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = BFN***
    ***August 2013: Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = Cancelled due to over-stimulating***
    ***September/October 2013: Fermara, Gonal-f, Trigger and TI = BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beta #1: 65, Beta #2: 210!!!!!!***

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've always had problems with acne relating to my hormones. I break out bad when I'm about to start and for a couple days after. And then on the months that I do ovulate I break out really BAD during ovulation. Just recently I switched to using Bare Minerals and their plain face wash and moisturizer have worked wonders. It's amazing. I used to not even be able to wear enough make up to cover them up. And hated leaving the house without makeup. Now I only use a tiny bit of make up. And I don't NEED to put it on all the time. I was surprised how well it works. This is the very first time in my whole life I have ever used a moisturizer on my face!!
    Sorry that ended up so long.
    I'm 22, My Husband is 30, we got married May, 2011 started TTC August of 2011. Started testing at a little over the year mark. I think I was afraid to find out if something was or wasn't wrong. Anyway so far. Dx: Low/weak ovulation: 1st round of clomind 11/2012 no response. Didn't do anything in December because of Holidays and everything. So waiting to start so we can to round 2 of clomid 2nd round of clomid: 1/2013? image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"