Multiples

PUPPPs relief?

So I haven't officially been diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I have PUPPPs. I am unbearably itchy all over my stomach the oast week or so and now I have raised red bumps. I unknowingly ripped my skin to shreds because I scratched all night! Now it looks like blood blisters almost. I tried palmers, bio oil, and aveeno lotion with oatmeal but nothing brings me relief. Any suggestions? Also, should I call my dr now or wait until my appointment on Friday? 

Thanks! 

Me: 29 DH: 30 TTC # 1 since 2008, in denial of needing an RE until 2012 DX with severe MFI, straight to IVF IVF #1 August 2012- stims 8/18, ER 8/28- 18R, 11M, 10F. 9/3 ET cancelled due to chronic OHSS. 6 awesome embies on ice! 9/27 FET Beta #1: 427-BFP!!! Beta #2: 856 First u/s 10/15: two sacs!! Ahh, twins!! imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: PUPPPs relief?

• ghlghl member
    I had it w/ DS1 and it was awful! I itched for weeks! My ob said it was ok to use benadryl cream or hydrocortisone sparingly to relieve it. I also would keep a bottle of aloe gel (the kind you use for sunburns) in the refrigerator and slather that on periodically. It didn't stop the itching for any extended period of time, but the cooled gel was soothing. If you're feeling miserable, there's certainly no harm in calling the doctor sooner.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry. I had post partum PUPPPs and it's no fun at all. I was able to use Benadryl cream, but obviously I was no longer pregnant. I would call and see if you can get a few suggestions on products you could use.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was diagnosed with this at 25 weeks and I feel your pain. Only thing that relieved it for me was a topical steroid which is safe for the babies. That was temporary and then it got so bad I had to take oral steroids. The oral steroids have surprisingly cleared them away for now and I finally have relief. I would definitely call the doctor, anything to get our of that misery. Good luck and try not to itch them too much, the dermatologist said it would just make it worse if I did. Hardest thing ever!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My doctor had me do a 2 rounds of oral steroids. The only thing that otherwise gave me any real relief was a lotion for burns called Sarna Lotion. You'll smell like your grandma but you'll feel better. Ice packs also helped. I hope this helps you  - I know it's a nightmare! Feel better soon.

https://www.amazon.com/Sarna-Original-Lotion-7-5-Ounce-Bottle/dp/B002DUDEOY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367250864&sr=8-1&keywords=sarna+anti-itch+lotion

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"