Toddlers: 24 Months+

Remind me that we will get through this phase..... (eating)

I read through a few older posts which remind me that my two year old isnt the only picky child in the world.

It's "normal", right??? :) I compare too much to my DS who has always eaten anything set in front of him. It's great! DD is the total opposite and my biggest pet peeve is that she won't try anything and things that she loves for months and months she will suddenly hate.

She currently will eat soft broccoli. Yah. Pears and bananas are the only fruit, and sometimes she fights those too. No eggs, no meats. She will eat veggies purees or applesauce almost daily and yogurt is her favorite food. She loves any bread products, pancakes, or snacks like crackers and pretzels.

Tonight at dinner she had garlic bread, and two veggie purees and broccoli. She screamed about it and wouldn't eat a bite. 

One meal a day.... that's a success, right??

Advice is appreciated! 

Sad, tired, frustrated Mommy (who is apologizing to her parents for being the pickiest kid in the family....).

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
I love these two beautiful children!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Remind me that we will get through this phase..... (eating)

• Were you describing your child in that post or mine? Our pedi says it's very normal and one good meal is definitely a success. We just keep offering well rounded meals and options and let DS pick what he wants from that. Good luck!
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • it's normal!!

dd is 2 1/2 months from 3 years old and is improving SO much with her eating lately

I just kept offering her new food at every meal (in addition to what I knew she'd eat) and I ate with her - showing her that I liked the food, even if she didn't want to try it

once she got old enough I encouraged her to sniff, then lick foods as well, just to realize it wasn't SO awful

she still has a number of things she won't eat, but it's so so getting better

GL - hold in there!!

• Loading the player...
  • you are not alone. My daughter just ended a 6 week phase of eating only goldfish and cheerios. She's a picky eater, but the hunger strike killed me. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Except that my DS is the youngest, sounds exactly like my kids. Picky eating is my pet peeve, and before I was a parent it seemed so freaking easy... I still refuse to make food a huge fight, but we have done two things that are helping. 1. we implemented if you try everything on your plate you can have dessert - she gets her pudding cup maybe once a week or so lately, but it worked at first. 2. I put one thing on her plate I know she likes and to get more of that food she has to try something else on her plate first. The eventual goal is to have one 'back up food' something that she will eat but isn't a big fan of, mine growing up was PB, but DD loves it, so I think it might wind up being cottage cheese for her. If she tastes everything on her plate and doesn't like her meal she can have the alternate food, but we aren't there yet. GL I know it is tough, but I have been seeing some improvements lately - we added carrots and peas in the last week or so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Gah, I feel you on this one. My LO refuses to try anything new. He'll eat fresh fruit no problem, veggies are a completely different story. I just keep putting things on his plate and hoping he'll grow out of this soon!
    Married my best friend 5.8.04 ~ Welcomed Liam 8.30.10 Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point. - C. S. Lewis <a href="http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr301/mesassa/?action=view
  • EDWHIPEDWHIP member

Success!

My DD doesn't even eat bread...bread!  I thought they all liked bread.  What bothers me most is that my sister thinks that I am not being more food forward because her son eats everything.  She is always trying to drop advice as if I haven't already tried it.  Last night DH made chicken tenders from scratch and DD threw them on the floor and demanded yogurt.  After giving her a time out for the food throwing, we gave her yogurt.  She took one bite and painted the table with the rest of it.  I can't wait for this to be over.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"