October 2012 Moms
Options

Satisfaction!

I know that every child is different. I've been blessed with two easy going, content babies, and my SIL's kids were all extremely difficult babies. SIL and I have a rocky relationship especially since she told me I was a "stupid parent" a few months ago. Anyway, tonight she finally asked me how I got so lucky to have two easy going babies. And she went on to talk about how high strung all of her kids were. I just shrugged and said I'm proud of my good girls. A part of me wanted to say that I'm a darn good mom, but I didn't. If you can't tell, I'm still really burned from her "stupid" comment, but I got so much satisfaction from her comments tonight!

Re: Satisfaction!

• Options
    You mam, are a beast!!! I am truly in awe of multiples moms. I just like to believe that karma blessed her with that high maintenance mess haha, especially if she insults another mother like that!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good for you for taking the higher road, it will only make you look even better to her.  
    D & R were born at 37w5d.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow who has the nerve to call you a "Stupid parent"?! Well at least she said nice things to you tonight.
  • Options
    imageangelacz87:
    I would too... In fact I probably would have been an ice queen to her after she called me a stupid parent! What made her say that, anyway?

It was a big terrible dispute with my sil and bil, who are also our neighbors. Our dog injured their damn goat and they were threatening to shoot him. We ended up putting our dog down, wrongfully, I believe. Anyway, she told us we were stupid parents for having a dog that could hurt a goat. Fwiw he was wonderful with all people, kids, babies, pets, etc. I have a truly miserable sil and I will never forget her words! I would love an apology but I know I'll never get it!

• Options
    imageangelacz87:
    I would too... In fact I probably would have been an ice queen to her after she called me a stupid parent! What made her say that, anyway?

It was a big terrible dispute with my sil and bil, who are also our neighbors. Our dog injured their damn goat and they were threatening to shoot him. We ended up putting our dog down, wrongfully, I believe. Anyway, she told us we were stupid parents for having a dog that could hurt a goat. Fwiw he was wonderful with all people, kids, babies, pets, etc. I have a truly miserable sil and I will never forget her words! I would love an apology but I know I'll never get it!

• Options

Goats are mean, screw her goat. Just becuase a dog bit a goat does't make him a mean dog or you a stupid parent.  When I was kid my dog bit a kid, the 10 year old boy hit him with sticks. Hes a totally gentle dog and love my little girl.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"