1st Trimester

Working out & being healthy

I have been doing CrossFit for a year now & a committed fit/healthy individual for about 3 years. It's my lifestyle. I eat Paleo which is no grains or processed junk/sugars. But all I've wanted is grains! And I am feeling as if I just don't have the energy to wake up and CrossFit tomorrow. My coach knows I'm in my 1st trimester & has altered workouts for me. And my OB says I can still do my workouts, just not to lift as heavy. So I'm not worried about doing the actual CrossFit workouts. I'm worried that I'm not going to have the energy or drive to stay working out and eating healthy.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? Are you so used to being a fit person that you wonder how being pregnant is going to change your fit lifestyle?  

Re: Working out & being healthy

• I totally understand!! I majored in nutrition and was working out 5 times a week and teaching Zumba. Now I'm so tired and like you only wanting foods I didn't eat before! Luckily I've not gained much weight and am hoping for more energy in the second trimester!
  • imageKgennosa:
    I totally understand!! I majored in nutrition and was working out 5 times a week and teaching Zumba. Now I'm so tired and like you only wanting foods I didn't eat before! Luckily I've not gained much weight and am hoping for more energy in the second trimester!

How far along are you? I just wanna get back into the swing of things. I mean I know my gym routine is going to be much different now, but working out just makes me happy makes me feel better!
  • Loading the player...
  • During the first trimester working out and eating anything but carbs was touch and go. One week i could work out, the next I was laying in my bed till I had to go to work the next day. 

LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. 

Don't force it. I tried to run when i felt nauseous and almost passed out on the treadmill. I'm in my second trimester now and have been working out regularly, 5 days a week now since week 12.  Give it time and let your body go through its exhaustion and nausea during first tri.  

• Thank you babyLOLO13!!!
    imagebabyLOLO13:
    During the first trimester working out and eating anything but carbs was touch and go. One week i could work out, the next I was laying in my bed till I had to go to work the next day.nbsp;nbsp;LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.nbsp;Don't force it. I tried to run when i felt nauseous and almost passed out on the treadmill. I'm in my second trimester now and have been working out regularly, 5 days a week now since week 12. nbsp;Give it time and let your body go through its exhaustion and nausea during first tri. nbsp;
  • Talk about a tough trainer here! I was in the midst of Insanity, Asylum, Combat workouts with running about 6 days a week when I got my BFP. I have always been into working out and being athletic, running obstacle course races and half marathons. I followed a high protein/low carb diet (kind of like South Beach) for the last 7 years.

I am struggling right now. I am def doing better this time around than last pregnancy with the body image issues (kind of). I have NOT been able to stick to my diet. I can't seem to digest meals heavy in protein, so I have had to rely on a lot of carbs, but focusing on whole grains, etc (except for the occasional mac n cheese and pizza haha). I get in slumps where I am disappointed in myself for eating bad things even though I do it like twice a week, because I swore I would be healthy during this, but first tri exhaustion and nausea is making it impossible! I am still working out but lucky to get 5days a week in right now due to fatigue.

The worst is that I have noticed that despite all the working out still, my muscle in my abs and legs are turning to flab. I have a pooch that hangs over my pants and I have NEVER had that before, ever!

It's hard to accept but I keep telling myself that if I eat the right things and continue to exercise, then I did everything that I could do (I'm blaming maternal fat stores which I have read articles that say they increase faster if energy stores are low pre-pregnancy!) but I still have rough days! Hang in there--I do notice that if I can just get a workout started, then instantly I feel better and can finish!

FWIW, I am going to see a registered dietician at work (I work in a hospital) i 2 weeks to keep me on track with my baby's needs and my needs with my working out and hoping it will help!

BFP 9/1/12, EDD 5/11/13; heartbeat 9/24/12, heartbeat gone 10/2/12; D&E 10/5/12 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"