August 2011 Moms

And, the epic meltdowns begin...

So moving with two young kids isn't fun. L and J both had hour long meltdowns this morning. J's was when I left to teach a spinning class and L's was when I was on my was to my mom and dads to drop them off. Liam's was more clear that it was about change and not being able to dress like a fireman because we couldn't find his costume. The house is mostly packed up and everything's in the garage and front room of our house. I knew he was going to stress, but I guess I didn't expect it to be like this.

Thanks for listening! I'm going back to packing!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: And, the epic meltdowns begin...

• Moving is not fun, for anybody! Hope you guys get through the day unscathed.
  • Oh no, I'm so sorry!  Maybe you'll get lucky and  they'll take afternoon naps and wake up happy and refreshed. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • They're with my mom and dad! They always love going there because they live on a farm. And as Jack says, "gamma make brown beef and mash potatoes!"
  • imageRachey1082:
    They're with my mom and dad! They always love going there because they live on a farm. And as Jack says, "gamma make brown beef and mash potatoes!"

Oooo...can I go to gamma's house, too? I haven't had good mashed potatoes in forever.

I hope you are able to get everything done while the kids are away, and I hope the boys are able to have enough fun to avoid more meltdowns.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The boys had a blast and enjoyed their mashed potatoes! The farm was a great distraction from moving.
  • Good luck - and please feel free to impart any wisdom onto me! (I'm still in denial that we have to go through this in a month.)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    Good luck and please feel free to impart any wisdom onto me! I'm still in denial that we have to go through this in a month.

Words of wisdom:

let the little stuff go, Liam wanted to dress like a firefighter and I should have helped him hunt down his costume and wear it. He ended up wearing shorts and a T, it was 55 and raining.

Have grandma available!!

Hire movers I think you did this?

Hire cleaning people for after you've moved out.

Have wine and chocolate readily available.

Put on your patience hat and get ready for a bumpy ride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"