Birthday Parties

smash cake

Anyone have a smash cake with fondant? I love the look of fondant cakes, but I'm not sure DS will really be able to smash it if I do fondant, KWIM? WDYT? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: smash cake

• Nevermind. 

this post on baby center pretty much made me decide against it. lol
  • I did a light layer of buttercream frosting and then cool whip. He loved the cake part more than the topping

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought an oversized cupcake at the grocery store that was decorated with fondant polka dots and a candle. It looked great and was very easy to grab. Actually lo didn't try to eat the cake, go figure! So I smeared a little frosting on his lips and feed him some cake when I thought he was done. He started smiling so we put him back and took more photos of him with a pile of frosting and an empty cupcake wrapper. The pics came out great
  • imageEmpireMomof3:
    Fondant looks pretty but tastes nasty IMHO. Plus it's way overpriced. That article gives good reason of the pics also to not use it. We did a small round cake cut to shape like a ladybug with tinted buttercream frosting and those fine ice like sprinkles. It was perfect.

This.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• I work with fondant on cakes I have made and the only reason people use it is for looks. It does not taste good at all!
  • imageEmpireMomof3:
    Fondant looks pretty but tastes nasty IMHO. Plus it's way overpriced. That article gives good reason of the pics also to not use it. We did a small round cake cut to shape like a ladybug with tinted buttercream frosting and those fine ice like sprinkles. It was perfect.

I make my own Marshmallow Fondant and its delicious. =)
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    imageEmpireMomof3:

I make my own Marshmallow Fondant and its delicious. =)

I was just about to suggest this. You can also make it flavored. Have you ever used the colored mini marshmallow to make fondant?

Also, wouldn't fondant be a possible choking hazard?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"