June 2013 Moms

You don't need the calories

I have GD and was on break eating my 15 carb snack and my Coworker saw me eating and told me. "Put that away You don't need the calories." Seriously? That's basically like calling me fat? I calmly explained that I wasn't eating for calories I was eating to keep my sugar stable and he shouldn't tell a pregnant woman she doesn't need the calories or comment on her food at all. He told me I'm to sensitive.

Can I bite him???
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: You don't need the calories

• What the heck?! DH says you had very right to punch his lights out! And I agree!
  • Your response was perfect. I had a similar situation but it was the woman at the WIC office. She said the first time I had ever met her, "You're gaining too much weight. Has your doctor talked to you about this?" I said, "Only to say they are happy that I am finally gaining weight after losing 15 pounds at the beginning and that I am right on track." That shut her up. I mean seriously? I'm 31 weeks and have gained 24 pounds from prepregnancy weight. This is the first time you have seen me and you don't have my medical history.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I would have slapped him. A$$.
    L.M.
  • I'm so mad for you I'm not sure what I would've done. Maybe thrown at him? Ya know, since you don't need the calories anyway...hole
    BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • YakutYakut member

imagehuckleberry08:
    Your response was perfect. The biting would also be perfect, but potentially carry a disease risk and also likely get you fired. I can only imagine he's echoing what his wife is telling him every night...

I agree. Biting would be a bad idea. You don't want any diseases. Maybe kick him in the nuts. 

• What a jerk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow, I'm all for kicking him in the nuts.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesmithm24:
    Your response was perfect. I had a similar situation but it was the woman at the WIC office. She said the first time I had ever met her, "You're gaining too much weight. Has your doctor talked to you about this?" I said, "Only to say they are happy that I am finally gaining weight after losing 15 pounds at the beginning and that I am right on track." That shut her up. I mean seriously? I'm 31 weeks and have gained 24 pounds from prepregnancy weight. This is the first time you have seen me and you don't have my medical history.

Yikes! Yea, that wasn't cool at all. Smh
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What a jacka$$. Tell him to mind his own business
  • I think that in my head frequently but would not say it out loud.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"