Cloth Diapering

Important Question!!!!11!111ELEVEN1!

When you store your diapers, do you have them snapped or unsnapped? (velcro'd or unvelcro'd).

I just got done stuffing all our pockets and such form the laundry, and put them all in the drawer. I always stuff and then snap them closed, and then when I get them out I always have to unsnap them to put them on DS. idk why I do that, but any other way would bother me I think. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Important Question!!!!11!111ELEVEN1!

• Snapped snapped. Wtf, autocorrect just did that.

Unsnapped pisses me off irrationally, and it makes my drawer look messy. 

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Unsnapped.  Tabs get folded in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Unsnapped. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageInto+the+Kitty:

Snapped snapped. Wtf, autocorrect just did that.

I knew there was a reason I liked you so much. =P Apparently we're the only two crazies here that snap them in the drawer. haha
  • imageKikiSmash12:
    Unsnapped. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Word.

• Snapped! Im OCD like that ;)
  • Snapped or velcroed closed. That's when I bother to get them out of the laundry basket. ;)
  • imageAurora_Borealis:

imageKikiSmash12:

Word.

Exactly.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Not only do I not snap or velcro them, but sometimes they just go straight from the dryer into a pile and onto my kids butt. And sometimes that pile is on the floor. Booyah.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I can't not snap them.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    When you store your diapers, do you have them snapped or unsnapped? velcro'd or unvelcro'd.I just got done stuffing all our pockets and such form the laundry, and put them all in the drawer. I always stuff and then snap them closed, and then when I get them out I always have to unsnap them to put them on DS. idk why I do that, but any other way would bother me I think.nbsp;

Snapped/velcrowed. I even have them organized by types and brands lol I have OCD with DS's diiapers.
  • imageoliversmommy32912:
    Not only do I not snap or velcro them, but sometimes they just go straight from the dryer into a pile and onto my kids butt. And sometimes that pile is on the floor. Booyah.

Yes. My current CD storage system is the laundry basket of unstuffed pockets sitting on DDs rocking chair.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Unsnapped and unvelcroed. The less work I have to do, the better. 

I just fold them so that the flaps are kind of tucked, so it at least looks a little more organized ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

I knew there was a reason I liked you so much. =P Apparently we're the only two crazies here that snap them in the drawer. haha

I stuff them first and lay them all flat then snap them before putting them in the drawer because I've convinced myself that this somehow saves time compared to stuff and snap individually.

I logically know that this is not true, but still doit every time. Crazies for the win!Wink 

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Unsnapped. For the aplix I just leave them closed on the laundry tabs.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Haha, I was just thinking of this last night as I was snapping the snaps and putting them away and wondering why I do that if it means I just have to unsnap them...but then I realized just the thought of not snapping them hurt because I'm OCD like that.

BabyFruit Ticker

• All of mine are snapped and velcro'd in the drawer. Honestly it never even dawned on me that not doing so was even an option.

On the same note, my underwear gets rolled, DH's is folded. And I can't not match and ball socks. So it just seems logical to also have a "proper" way to store diapers as well.

We will see how things change when the baby gets here!
  • It bothers me to store them unsnapped/unvelcroed, but I feel like securing them just for storage puts unnecessary wear and tear on them so I make myself do it, lol. I just fold the tabs in and put them in rows, so you can't really tell.
  • imageGismo123:
    imageAliciaS1411:
    When you store your diapers, do you have them snapped or unsnapped? velcro'd or unvelcro'd.I just got done stuffing all our pockets and such form the laundry, and put them all in the drawer. I always stuff and then snap them closed, and then when I get them out I always have to unsnap them to put them on DS. idk why I do that, but any other way would bother me I think.nbsp;
    Snapped/velcrowed. I even have them organized by types and brands lol I have OCD with DS's diiapers.

I'm the same way! Organized by type, then brand, then color. haha
  • Unsnapped or tabs folded.  The only ones I snap to store are fitteds.
  • Snapped. Drives me nuts.if they're loose. Well...I have two side snapping and I don't snap those. I've thought about the fact that I'm wearing the snaps out two times longer. I still can't keep them unsnapped.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    imageGismo123:
    imageAliciaS1411:

I'm the same way! Organized by type, then brand, then color. haha

I do organize by brand and color, but it still never occurred to me to snap/Velcro before putting them in the bin.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • We stuff and fold our pockets, but they are unsnapped. I used to snap them for the diaper bag, but that ended months ago.
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • I fold them and pull the tabs across the front, but don't actually snap them-too much work. I used to just fold in half but my drawer looked messy :)
  • imageKikiSmash12:

Yes 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageInto+the+Kitty:

This. Snaps have to be closed in order for my day to function properly. 

photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • I don't unsnap before doing the laundry therefore I don't have to snap when I fold them.  If they seem damp in the fold I'll hang them to dry unsnapped but it's rare.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"