December 2011 Moms

Gift for gender reveal party?

My pregnant cousin is having a gender reveal party tomorrow. I feel like I should bring a gift, but on the other hand I'm not so sure if its necessary. She will be having a baby shower in a few months. What is the etiquette for these types of parties?

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

Re: Gift for gender reveal party?

• good question.. I'd prbably be thinking the same thing.  I guess I would feel odd not at least bringing a card or gift card.  I know with DS it was after finding out the gender that it was the most exciting time to get shopping! So maybe a gift card would be nice then a more "thought out" gift at the shower?

My 2 December boys

• I probably wouldn't bring a gift unless it was also a shower.  It's my perception that the reveal parties are just to share good news, I don't see them as gift giving necessarily.  I'd give something when the baby arrived though.
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wouldn't bring a gift and don't think one would be expected. I would bring a gift to the shower that will be in a few months. Have fun at the party!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• My MIL brought two outfits, wrapped to my gender reveal. When we found out, she gave us the "boy" package (and I assume, returned the girl outfit). It was reslly special and our first gender specific item.

I don't think a gift is necessary, but it certainly would be appreciated if you'd like to get one! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • In case anyone was wondering the outcome, I didn't bring a present but I bought the mommy to be some tulips. No one else brought presents either.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"