Success after IF

Weaning Advice and Bra Shopping

I met my nursing goal of six months and I really need to get back on some medication, so I've been weaning the boys. I've dropped a pumping/nursing session a week for the last six weeks, but I'm having trouble dropping the morning feed and the late night pump. I'm sick right now and seeing a remarkable drop in my already dismal supply (I only pumped three ounces last night), so I'm wondering if this is the time to really push for dropping those sessions? Should I try to drop the morning nursing session or the night pump first? FWIW, the pump is more effective in draining me due to poor latching. Any advice on how to finish up?

I was a 34C before pregnancy and a 38DD at delivery. I am only wearing large nursing bras and medium tanks right now, but I've noticed my number measurement must be shrinking since they are pretty loose under my breasts. I assume my lovely 34C boobs are gone forever and that I'll need some new bras. How long after I'm done should I go shopping? Should I expect a dramatic change in size? 

TIA!! 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

Re: Weaning Advice and Bra Shopping

• Since you're only getting 3oz at the pump I would say now would be the time drop the sessions.  Whether you do the morning or night one first probably really won't matter.  I would maybe try the night one and see if I was really uncomfortable in the morning?  Once I got down to only getting 2oz a pump session I just stopped everything altogether and felt fine.  Within a week my boobs were completely deflated, saggy (yes, even the nipples lol) and I've been considering a boob job ever since ;)  HA.  I was a small B before breastfeeding (big B while breastfeeding) and I barely fit into itty bitty A cups now ... tear.    
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Sorry that your sick I hope you feel better soon.

From my LIMITED experience, I would drop the middle of the night pumping session first. You will be uncomfortable for a few days, but the morning feed will help. Once that discomfort subsides, then I would drop the morning feed. Since your supply is low right now, this should be a good time to do this. I haven't completely weaned DS, but when I dropped my last pumping session, I did it when AF was here because my supply is always lower during that time and it seemed to help me. Good Luck.

I have no adice on your bra ?'s because I'm still nursing but I'm back in my pre-pregnancy bras.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Loading the player...
  • I would drop the pump session first and then use the morning nursing session to help relieve the pressure in the morning. Then once the nighttime feels more comfortable I would drop the last session. GL!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • imageDragonfly1226:
    I would drop the pump session first and then use the morning nursing session to help relieve the pressure in the morning. Then once the nighttime feels more comfortable I would drop the last session. GL!

As pp have suggested that's what I would do. Then I would wait up to a month depending on how they feel to figure out the size. Mine are the same size as pre preg but they are more "deflated" looking without a bra
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • imageSaraevh:
    I've been considering a boob job ever since ;)  HA.  I was a small B before breastfeeding (big B while breastfeeding) and I barely fit into itty bitty A cups now ... tear.    

My sister got a lift and her nipples resized (I don't know what the clinical name is for that!) after #3. She returned to her pre-baby size (C). I won't lie- they look spectacular! They are so amazing, in fact, she really doesn't even need a bra. I didn't see them before, but she said they looked like tube socks with nipples the size of a soda can. So not looking forward to that! 

Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!

• imageMr. & Mrs. Woodtick:

Sorry that your sick I hope you feel better soon.

From my LIMITED experience, I would drop the middle of the night pumping session first. You will be uncomfortable for a few days, but the morning feed will help. Once that discomfort subsides, then I would drop the morning feed. Since your supply is low right now, this should be a good time to do this. I haven't completely weaned DS, but when I dropped my last pumping session, I did it when AF was here because my supply is always lower during that time and it seemed to help me. Good Luck.

I have no adice on your bra ?'s because I'm still nursing but I'm back in my pre-pregnancy bras.

Thanks so much for the get well wishes! It's our first cold and it's a doozy! I am actually getting ready to start AF (I bet that explains part of the drop- I always forget that!!), so I wonder if this weekend would be a great time to drop that pump. Thanks for the advice. That really helps! 

• imageRuthie04:

imageSaraevh:
    I've been considering a boob job ever since ;)  HA.  I was a small B before breastfeeding (big B while breastfeeding) and I barely fit into itty bitty A cups now ... tear.    

My sister got a lift and her nipples resized (I don't know what the clinical name is for that!) after #3. She returned to her pre-baby size (C). I won't lie- they look spectacular! They are so amazing, in fact, she really doesn't even need a bra. I didn't see them before, but she said they looked like tube socks with nipples the size of a soda can. So not looking forward to that! 

I just seriously laughed out loud.  I am not even sh!tting you at all when I say I definitely need some work done on my girls after we are done having kids.  I wouldn't describe mine as looking like tube socks with nipples the size of soda cans (so gross!  yet hilarious!) but more like deflated pancakes with droopy smokie sausages for nipples (because that sounds way less gross I'm sure!).  It's flat out embarrassing.  I look like a man.         

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• I would drop the pumping session myself. I have no love for the pump and would want to leave those intimate moments nursing in the AM til the end.

I would wait at least a month post-nursing to get sized again for new bras. I found that it took a while before I could get into some of my more tailored/fitted shirts even after I had stopped nursing.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"