Nurseries and Baby Gear

XP: Medela Swing pump

XP: Breastfeeding 

I was wondering if I could pick your ladies brains. I recently stumbled upon a used Medela Swing pump for sale for $90. I am planning to exclusively breastfeed and will be a stay at home mom. I was told to have a pump on hand right away just in case and to help with possible engorgement. (I was just planning on waiting a few months before I bought one to see if it was needed)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Me: 32
DH: 37
Married: May 24, 2008
TTC #2 since: June 2020

Re: XP: Medela Swing pump

• IMHO, even if u are planning to breastfeed you'll want to pump some too (unless you never plan on leaving LOs side).  

I had to pump and supplement DS with bm at the beginning, I rented the pump from the hospital.  After DS got his weight back on track I returned that pump.  I just went out and got a swing pump last weekend.  It's not as great as the hospital pump, but it gets the job done and I love how small and portable it is.

$90 is a great price for the pump, but I'm not sure i would have bought the pump in advance.  

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • be888be888 member
    No experience with the swing pump, but I would not buy a used pump, especially if you do not know the previous owner.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much ladies for your responses. I really appreciate it! I think I will pass on the used one but definitely get a pump.
    Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
  • I ebf and so started out with a medela harmony manual pump... Dd not want to spend to much money and it worked when I wanted to give the occasional bottle! I start working soon so will now get a double electric pump..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have BF three babies, my older ones until 18 months. I stay at home as well and have only used a pump one time when my youngest was hospitalized for a few days and would not nurse. I just don't see a need for a pump. I am with my kids all of the time and am comfortable nursing in public. I know everyone differs but I would wait and see how things go for you. I would think the Manuel pump would be perfect for you if you need one at all.
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"