December 2012 Moms

trouble sleeping

The past few nights my LO will not lay in his crib at night. He falls asleep and when I lay him down he screams. I thought it could be his ears but he will sleep in my bed just fine. Otherwise he has been acting fine. I have even tried laying him on his belly but nothing helps. I'm really not sure what to do. I also tried letting him cry but he won't stop. And he isn't hungry or needing to be changed. Anyone else having this happen or have suggestions??

Also what do some of the abbreviations mean like DH.

Re: trouble sleeping

• Our LO has been doing the same thing the last few days. He's been doing it for our nanny too. My limited research is saying that it is normal. Some sort of developmental milestone/overload.

DH = dear husband
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • We've been going through the same thing, though I'm fairly sure that at least part of it relates to her having a cold and/or allergies.  It's taken forever for us to get her down at night, which is definitely not very fun.  No advice, but hang in there.

You'll also see: DD = Dear Daughter, DS = Dear Son, LO = Little One, SO = Significant Other, FWIW = For what it's worth, IMO = In my opinion.  There's a list of all the abbreviations somewhere, but I can never remember where it is.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • How funny. I read all the "D"'s as darling, not dear.
    Anyway to your first question, I SWEAR its this wonder week thing. I don't know why this stuff isn't shouted from the roof tops for parents to know! I bought the app yesterday and was reading about this current phase we're in and it's incredibly accurate. You should check it our
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • imageperfectlove09:
    How funny. I read all the "D"'s as darling, not dear. Anyway to your first question, I SWEAR its this wonder week thing. I don't know why this stuff isn't shouted from the roof tops for parents to know! I bought the app yesterday and was reading about this current phase we're in and it's incredibly accurate. You should check it our

I also often read "darling" in my inner sarcastic voice.

OP: When LO starting doing this to us, we also thought it was an ear problem.  Turned out he was in the 4 month wakeful period and it was time for some sleep training.  We're on a much better path now. 

• This started for us 3 weeks ago and it lasted almost 2 weeks. It was so hard to deal with. We tried everything and she just decided that she was fine and started sleeping normal again. Everything was great until her 4 month shots. She was so sick and she slept on me for 2 days. Yesterday she was good all day and I was able to put her down for her nap which was so nice. She fell asleep great but once she realized I was gone she was crazy. So now we have to start all over again :(.  I've been trying not to pick her up unless I think its been long enough for her to be hungry. I just go in and give her her binky and rub her back. It was working before but last night it wouldnt work and because she had been sick I was a sucker and picked her up and rocked her back to sleep. She was up every 2 hours and it took about 30-40 mins to get her to stay asleep after eating. Good Luck. I hope this ends soon for all of us.
  • Our LO has been really clingy and cranky in the evenings lately too.  Her sleep has definitely regressed as well.  Must be a common time!
  • MrsNSMrsNS member
    Which app did you purchase?
  • imageMrsNS:
    Which app did you purchase?

The wonder weeks
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board