Blended Families

It's quiet. I love it.

XH is getting DD for his second weekend. We've had little or no drama for the past couple of weeks.

I have been working on meditating.  Sort of meditating anyway.  I essentially just  sit and enjoy quiet for at least 10- 15 minutes a day and enjoy the moment. My apartment overlooks a lovely park, and for the most part I sit in the mornings before I get ready and look outside and . I am not allowed to think of anything stressful at all and I have a technique for quieting that part of me if my mind goes into stress mode.  I am already noticing a difference.  I even use it at work when it gets crazy and people there go into drama mode.

And it's working for me.

Can I just say I love no drama?

I'm loving this. 

Can it please stay this way forever?

Please?

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval

Re: It's quiet. I love it.

• It would be nice if the drama would stay away forever. We all know how likely that is though... Lol

Eta: glad meditating is working for you. Maybe I should try it!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't "get" meditation.  I don't have any methods to quiet my mind, and haven't found any stellar resources that make me think I could do it.  So, feel free to expound upon that.  My doctor recommended meditation to decrease strain on

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • image2chatter:

I don't "get" meditation.  I don't have any methods to quiet my mind, and haven't found any stellar resources t

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really should get back into meditating and yoga. I hope things stay peaceful! Keep at it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I've been recommended meditation several times. By my doctor and several counselors. My doctor says meditation and yoga could help me lose weight.

I'm not good at it, but this past week while researching I learned that I don't have to be all that

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"