December 2011 Moms

Those who had fertility issues

How long did it take you to get pregnant with LO you have now and if you already have a 2nd+ how long did it take that time? DS took a little over a year and I ended up being put on femara because my estrogen level was twice as high as normal. Femara worked the first month but once we start trying for #2 next year not sure what's going to happen or how long it'll take. Just wondering what other people's experiences are :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Those who had fertility issues

• 1st took 19 months, 4 failed clomid cycles and our first injects cycle worked

2nd got pregnant the first cycle after I stopped BFing

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • It took 15 months to conceive DS. We went to the RE after 12 months and did all the testing. He diagnosed me with LPD and put me on Prometrium. 

Got pregnant with #2 the first cycle after weaning (or rather during weaning) from BF, but lost it at 7 weeks.

We are currently on cycle #4 and I am taking Prometrium every cycle, starting at 3 DPO. I know we have just started, but I am already finding myself getting frustrated and impatient. I really hate ttc and wish we could just be one of those couples that get pregnant when they want to. 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Took 15 months to conceive DD - but in that time I also had a 6 week break due to surgery to remove a 9cm dermoid cyst and my right ovary.  With DD got pregnant the first month on Clomid.

With DS I knew I didn't want to wait any time and didn't use any protection while breastfeeding, but when I got serious about it, I stopped bf'ing and my RE put me back on Clomid and got pregnant the 2nd cycle. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DD was a fluke "whoops"...  DS OTOH, we started "trying" in 08, then had pretty much given up by 10, and finally had settled on being "one and done" when I got a surprise BFP in April 2011...  A lot of our problems were because of thyroid levels being WAY off.  Once that got leveled (say within 6 weeks of that finally happening - after 2 years of going to the doc every 6w to 3mo for blood tests), I ended up PG.  But until it was leveled, there wasn't any hope... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We tried for 18 months for G and got pregnant on our third IUI attempt first round of follistim.  Had done 4 clomid cycles previous to the follitstim. We are getting ready to start thinking about TTC for #2 and I'm nervous to start the rollercoaster all over again as I am sure it will not be much easier, but will be overjoyed if I am wrong about that.  Think it would be really cool to actually find out at home and have just done the deed rather than all the engineering it took the first time around. But whatever the journey and ultimately the end result I know we will be happy, even if G is our one and done.  I think I can live with that if thats what meant to be, so given that I dont know how much time I will spend back at the RE.  Still sorting through those feelings...

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• imageRicola:

I know we have just started, but I am already finding myself getting frustrated and impatient. I really hate ttc and wish we could just be one of those couples that get pregnant when they want to. 

Ricola, I feel you 100% on this one, its tough one of my close friends has gotten pg by accident twice now and I just can't help having some jealousy/ not really sure what th appropiate description of the feelings are, but it would be so nice to just have it happen... Best of luck of to you and I am sending KU- sticky baby vibes your way.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Thank you, designer! Good luck to you as well with ttc #2, I hope it will happen fast!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• We got pregnant after 13 months TTC with DD. we had started testing at 6 months because DH knew he had some issues and then we found out I had PCOS. She was conceived on day 72 of a cycle. I was on metformin for PCOS at that time and due to start Clomid the next cycle. It was not very long compared to others but long enough when my fertile family members kept asking about it and getting BFPs by surprise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Baby #1:  3 years for DS (got PG on the first round of Clomid)

Baby #2:  2nd PP cycle - surprised because it happened on CD 44.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"