Blended Families
Options

Clothing ?

DH is coming to me for advice and I don't want to come across as evil stepmom so I am looking for other opinions.  Because DSD (11) grows so fast and because we refuse to spend tons of money on clothes for her, she brings and wears clothes from BMs house.  BM has no issue with this.  However, BM buys DSD the clothes that I'm assuming every preteen is wearing (short shorts, the see through tshirts with a tanktop underneath, etc).  Part of the problem is that DSD has the body of a 15 year old.  So DH has decided that he doesn't want her wearing the clothes that are 'too revealing' (and he's willing to buy her new clothes) but he keeps asking me whether he is being unreasonable.  I don't know what to say. I am concerned that even though she looks older, she is only 11.  The guys working at the grocery store and restaurants can stop looking at her like that, please.  But on the other hand I don't want her to be the odd kid either.  Is there any happy medium here?  I know she will need longer shorts, completely covering tshirts for the summer camp we are sending her to. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Clothing ?

• Options
    An 11 year old should be dressing age appropriate. Your H has every right to want to protect his daughter's innocence. She can still be trendy without being revealing. Take her shopping have her help pick things out and approve each outfit. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I get not wanting to spend tons of money BUT she should have enough clots at your house to wear.

Can you go shopping with her.  buy stuff she likes that are a compromise?

Also, she won't die or anything if she does not have short

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My SD is 5 but is a bigger girl so she wears clothes meant for a 12 y/o.  I have a rule of thumb that if it looks like something I might wear then its most certainly not something a 5 y/o should wear! I think your DH should be concerned because al

BFP 11/23/11...CP 11/29/11 BFP 12/28/11...Natural MC 1/19/12 BFP 2/22/12...EDD 11/2/12 new EDD 10/28/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagela79al:
    DH is coming to me for advice and I don't want to come across as evil stepmom so I am looking for other opinions.&nbsp
  • Options

IMHO, your H is right.  It drives me nuts to see girls at my son's school dressing like girls in rave clubs.  Seriously?  Put some clothes on!  

She needs to learn respect for her body by not showing it to everyone.  She

• Options
    Unless you have 50 percent time or some significant custody I would just leave it alone. It's probably somewhat uncomfortable for her to be in a different home and different bed away from her friends every other weekend, you will just alienate her if you
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecaden1206:

imagela79al:</str
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    I think this is a touchy issue, but still one that needs to be handled.  DH here is not quiet about these subjects.  If he were living in an intact home with BM and skids he would behave exactly the same as he does with having the skids some wee
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think that your H should take her clothes shopping if he doesn't like her outfits that her Mother is sending her. She can pick out whatever she wants, try it on and if your H doesn't like how it looks, then he doesn't have to buy it. Whatever he buys he
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"