Birthday Parties

Invitation wording help please!

DD will be one next month but we won't be having her party until July. We're a military family and don't have many friends where we are and the earliest we can travel home is July. So, When it comes time to send out invites, I am trying to find a polite way to tell people that because we will be flyiing back, we can't take many gifts with us. Are there other ways for people to give her a gift? My mom mentioned a "dollar tree" where people could give her money or even having a picture of what we're saving up to buy her so people will know what their money is going towards. Tacky? I know people will always bring something so I thought having another option would be a good idea? Any advice on how to word it in an invitation?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Invitation wording help please!

• That is a tough one. Maybe don't put it in the invite, but have your Mom spread the word to those invited about what you would like, so that people understand your situation. If people insist on a gift, maybe they can send it to your home and you can vide

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• You just don't say anything...and assume people are smart enough to figure it out. Pack light, just in case. Large items can be returned and repurchased when you get home.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I live 12 hours away from my parents and my mom threw me a baby shower.  This was a problem for us too.  We decided to write a little 'no gift' poem on the invitations.  I recently helped a friend write one for her daughters birthday par

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks ladies! I had thought of these things before but hearing it from someone seems to make it more reasonable. We will probably do a mixture of all the things listed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I totally disagree with PPs.  I think any mention of gifts on an invitation is tacky, and cutesy poems don't make it better.  Trust that your guests know you'll be traveling and will have a hard time with large items, and if you do receive them,
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There is no way to say "bring us money" without being tacky. If you get too many gifts to carry home, just ship them or return them before you leave and use store credit to repurchase when you get home.
  • imageKateMW:
    There is no way to say "bring us money" without being tacky. If you get too many gifts to carry home, just ship them o
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"