Birthday Parties
Options

How do I ask this?

So my son is turning 3 in June.  We live in AZ so temps will be over 115 by then, so really too hot to do anything outside.  Found a place the has indoor bounce arena, like those bounce houses. Here's the dilema, It's not terribly cheap.  If I knew that people would for sure come I would definately do it, but you know how things happen, you may count on a certain amount and they don't show even though they RSVP.  This place books up fast so I can't really wait to see.  I want to ask people if they would be able to come without seeming crazy to be asking almost 2 months in advance.  How would you approach this, or would you?  Would you just chance it and book it and take your chances.  I feel awkward either way and am really not sure how to handle this. Thanks all for your input.

Re: How do I ask this?

• Options

I sent save the date out to some other moms by facebook message two months in advance.  And I am only counting on those people who responded back to me.  And yes, in a beautiful world, it would have been nice to have a response from everyone on whether they are coming or not.  But the truth it just makes you appreciate those people who really want to come and want to celebrate your child's birthday. 

If you know the person really well, you could just ask them if you see them.  And it seems they tell you to send them an email as a reminder. 

I booked my daughter's birthday venue four months in advance.  It was just exactly what I wanted for her 1st birthday, so no regrets.  We are going to a beautiful day this Sunday!!!

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options

I would chance it and book it. I would go ahead and count on people not RSVP but showing up anyway. Its the chance you take with any event you host. Comes with the territory.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have crazy busy friends, so in my circle sending an invite out two months ahead of the event isn't all that early.  We have friends booking events (not weddings!) a year in advance and asking for r.s.v.p.s a month out.  If you really want the location, send out invites early and book.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"